SSS steal/resteal or is it?

• kaulaz
      kaulaz
      Bronze
      If i Open Raise from Cut-Off and was raised by BU, should i consider this as a RE-STEAL (and thus go all in with 99 - AA ; AJ - AK)?
      OR
      should i consider this as A RAISE AFTER ME (and thus go all in with TT - AA; AK)?
  • 4 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Resteal IMO!

A raise after you would be if you limped and then were raised ;)
    • kaulaz
      kaulaz
      Bronze
      I am asking since SSS doesn't teach to limp, just raise or fold. And i wanted to conceptually discuss this since in such case the BU is re-stealing blinds, and 3 betting me (raising after me; there is no "3-bet" concept used in the articles abou SSS at all). In both of these situations (depending how you look at it there are different ranges assigned in the chart
    • PriscoInline
      PriscoInline
      Bronze
      Re-steals: If a player in a blind position is confronted with a steal raise, and reraises again or even goes all-in to fight it, this is called a re-steal. It's like stealing back.

By the definition in the article, if the BU raises you, when you raise from CO, it is not considered a re-steal, thus you go all in with TT - AA, AK.
      I also don't think a raise after you is a raise after you limp. It might also include that, but not in the SSS context that envolves close to no limping.
      I believe it is simply a re-raise, or a 3-bet against you, but since there's not much room for 3-bets or 4-bets, and most readers are players that are just starting, the writer of the article just tought it was better to call it that way.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    • kaulaz
      kaulaz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PriscoInline
      Re-steals: If a player in a blind position is confronted with a steal raise, and reraises again or even goes all-in to fight it, this is called a re-steal. It's like stealing back.

By the definition in the article, if the BU raises you, when you raise from CO, it is not considered a re-steal, thus you go all in with TT - AA, AK.
      I also don't think a raise after you is a raise after you limp. It might also include that, but not in the SSS context that envolves close to no limping.
      I believe it is simply a re-raise, or a 3-bet against you, but since there's not much room for 3-bets or 4-bets, and most readers are players that are just starting, the writer of the article just tought it was better to call it that way.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
      Makes sense. Thanks