[NL2-NL10] NL25 AKo

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Can i go broke due to large potsize on turn and thinking the opponent will try to bluff me out of the pot if i check. I think he had a high AF but can't remember it i'm afraid. Let me know a suitable AF which he may have to be making a bluff like this.

Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP1: $21.39
      MP2: $24.75
      CO: $4.65
      BTN: $4.65
      SB: $21.04
      BB: $4.65
      Hero (UTG): $4.65
      UTG+1: $14.75
      UTG+2: $23.07

Pre-Flop: K:heart: A:club: dealt to Hero (UTG)
      Hero raises to $1, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $1, 6 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 3:spade: J:club: 5:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $1.50, UTG+2 calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.35) 3:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $3, Hero folds

Results: $5.35 Pot
      UTG+2 mucked and WON $8.09 (+$5.59 NET)
  • 4 replies
      Bronze
      Size of the pot after a preflop raise and a flop cbet (which gets called) is always big and your remaining stack is always small. The reason why we are rejecting to take such a good odds is we assume to be beaten nearly always.

Of course, every oponent can try to call our preflop raise and flop cbet just trying to make us fold if we check to him on the turn, but it's a rather expensive game. In addition, we often push flop directly so there's no way to bluff us out of the pot. Don't bother with players who think that can float you - you'll have their money sooner or later :) .
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      So in general its a good idea for us as shortstack players to let some opponents float us(if they even are) because in the long run we will have their money.

Conversely as an opposing player its an extremely bad idea to try and float us SSSers because we often hold a strong hand and its just too expensive after a while?

I find this to be a very useful comment and it makes me happier about giving my hands up to players who try this.

One question though. If we are up against a hyper-lag enemy Shortstacker who we think will often try this move or similar would it ever be profitable to call and if so, what AF do you think he would have to make us think about calling?

Thanks in advance.
      Bronze
      If it's a pure bluff float, yes, but you can make calculations yourself. You need to count the number of flops you miss with every holding we raise with sss :) it's doable, but takes rather big amount of time, I'm afraid... :) .

I wouldn't make any move on my enemy until I'm sure he has nothing. I mean, what's the rush? Ok, you didn't hit your flop and turn as well, it's time to give up the hand. You have ace-high, a hand that can be beaten even by some of his bluffs. Maybe he has pocket deuces? Maybe bottom pair? No stats can tell us exactly what his hand is and I have no idea how to prove (using aggression factor or whatever stats you need) he's floating us at this very moment.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      ok, i'll play around with possible hand ranges to see. cheers for the advice once again!