Party in Ljubljana?

• JanPhi
      JanPhi
      Bronze
      Hi guys, we´re considering a trip to ljubljana for one party night, is there anything going on on wednesdays?

which clubs would you recommend?
      preferably young audience, house/electro/hiphop/funk/mainstream music
  • 8 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hi, add me on skype: skyrocketyourproductivity , I can show you around a bit etc. and join you for the party :)

There are a couple of ok places in LJ. These are probably the biggest/best choice for you:

http://www.cirkusklub.si/en/

http://www.klubtop.si/ (their en website isn't working unfortunately)

-SF
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      Hey.

Can you give me specific date? I can search for you.

Here's the list of clubs, starting from which I think are best:

Cirkus club (the biggest, the fanciest, on wednesdays there'll be either hip hop, r&b or dance summer hits). Since it's wednesday it's likely that normal floor will be empty, reserve a week in advance for VIP tickets (you just have to tell them your name). There's VIP floor on higher floor which has usually more people when there are not so much people on the floor.

Club Top (center of Ljubljana, on high floor, the drinks are around the same price as in Cirkus, it's a bit smaller though. They'll be playing dance hits, maybe commercial house or even Balkan music. More likely to be empty than Cirkus. Don't get VIP, it's useless.

Those two were the "high class".

Club Parlament: Located in the very center, small club, but there's party there every single day. If everything else is empty, Parlament will still have people. Typical dance music with some balkan and slovenian pop mixed in between. Easy women. Finishes at 4AM though. Has no website.

K4 club only plays alternative music, like drumnbass, hip-hop, rap, alternative rock, psytrance. Will most likely be empty unless there'll be a decent event.

Companeros: Has a lot of after-parties and student exchange parties even in summer (summer schools). Has a facebook website, if you'll be looking for it. Same music as in Parlament. Check out the fb page, if nothing's scheduled, there'll be 3 people inside.

Those 3 were lower class than first 2 but still ok.

There are some others but won't mention them cuz they are either not opened in summer or are not worth mentioning them :)

Also, there's a famous slovenian street called Metelkova. At night there's a lot of bars open, playing alternative music (mostly rock, metal, some house too) and a lot of people are out on the street. Ugly women though unless you're into goth ones. A lot of tourists go check it out. There's also a very nice hostel there, called Celica.

If you need any more info, or wanna grab a drink in Ljubljana, you can PM me.
    • JanPhi
      JanPhi
      Bronze
      well be there this wednesday. most likely cirkus club, thx guys.
    • JanPhi
      JanPhi
      Bronze
      what are the prices for bottles @cirucs (grey goose,belvedere etc) and for tables (6 persons)? how long is it open on wednesdays?

which area would you recommend for bars?
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JanPhi
      which area would you recommend for bars?
      Just walk by the Ljubljanica river throught the city center... There are a LOT of bars there :)
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      no idea about prices.

you have to get VIP tickets for tables in cirkus, call and ask. no tables elsewhere.

else you can try Top club, u can easily get a table there.

wednesdays cirkus is open till 5AM.
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      by Ljubljanica, the bars and clubs will be closed. Skelet bar is the exception (finest coctails in ljubljana there, order Woohoohoohoohoo if you're there).
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by z1pz0r

Also, there's a famous slovenian street called Metelkova. At night there's a lot of bars open, playing alternative music (mostly rock, metal, some house too) and a lot of people are out on the street. Ugly women though unless you're into goth ones.
      Hey! I resent that! I met my current girl there :D

Anyway, everyone forgot to mention DISCO(Skelet), the best choice imo. You have tables, music and a lot of cocktails 2 for 1(you have to have a lamborghini:D ). Brooklyn is also nice, but the last time I went it was pretty much empty and it was saturday.

Either way, it's all so close togheter that you can have a drink in each club and then decide where you want to go.

PS: Parlament is not a club, it's a bar that turns into a "club" and it's usually so crowded that if you're not made of liquide you'll be barely able to sqeeze in.