[NL2-NL10] NL25 analysing villains play and Notetaking

• DaPhunk
      Hi, i'm interested to know what sort of thing i can deduce about the villain from this play. furthermore i'm not sure what play would have been best in his situation (yes i know he's bigstack, should i post it in the BSS forum if i want an answer on how He should have played?)

I'm really interested in everyones opinion here, especially about note taking on said villain. What sort of note would You put on him?

Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      10 players

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $12.52
      UTG+1: $16.90
      Hero: $5
      MP1: $4.20
      MP2: $4.65
      MP3: $32.60
      CO: $9.45
      Button: $25
      SB: $21.95
      BB: $26.54

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+2 with A Q
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.25 (pot was $0.35), Hero raises to $1.25, 5 folds, SB calls $1.15 (pot was $1.85), BB folds, UTG+1 calls $1 (pot was $3).

Flop: K J 7 ($4, 3 players)
      SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1.25, SB raises to $2.5, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls all-in $2.5, SB calls $1.25 (pot was $9).

Turn: T ($11.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $11.5)

River: Q ($11.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $11.5)

Final pot: $11.5
      SB shows Kc Kd
      Hero shows Ah Qh
  • 4 replies
    • justkyle88
      villain should of raised you preflop.
      I think calling raises with QQ+ just gives suck out value to the opponent.
      If I was SB even though I have hit trips on the flop, I'd still bet out $3 or so especially with 2 other opponents. and if i get raised well then I can decide with having such a large stack.
      SB was unlucky in a sense that you flopped the nuts and he didn't hit a boat.
      He wasn't too far behind you.
    • Kruppe
      'flat call PFR KK - C/minraise top set on very drawy flop vs two opponents'
      For him it's an easy 3bet preflop, that's for sure. No successfull strategy will encourage you to just call AA-KK preflop. The only exception might be to limp aces in 10% of the cases you have them from utg and try to 3bet if you face a raise - just for deception. It's of course bss play, shorties shouldn't do that :) .

On the flop he has a top set and 7 outs to the nuts, if he don't hit he have also 10 on the turn, so rather big amount. If he decides to set another trap, a reraise is absolutely last call and a mandatory move. He cannot assume being against made flush since our every hand cbets here, so he played that one correctly (he beats everything but made flush).

I'd give him simple 'calls pf with KK' note. It's the most important thing for us here to be aware his calls might be well concealed monsters. His flop play is very situational and we're not very likely to see him doing something similar on similar flop with similar hand in future.
    • DaPhunk
      Cheers guys. Big help.