[NL2-NL10] NL25 Help i'm turning into a maniac!

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Villains stats are;

vpip 52 fold bb to steal - open raise late position 83 pfr 27

AF 4.7 won $ @ showdown 56 went to SD when seen flop15

I had just 180 hands on him

Villains stats are the reason for my overly agressive play.

If i was to ask a question it would be; what hand would i have needed for this play to be sensible?

Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP2: $4.30
      CO: $43.56
      BTN: $38.33
      SB: $17.89
      Hero (BB): $5
      UTG: $25.44
      UTG+1: $7.36
      MP1: $4.47

Pre-Flop: 4:heart: 4:spade: dealt to Hero (BB)
      5 folds, BTN raises to $0.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1

Flop: ($3.10) 5:club: 6:spade: K:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $3.50 and is All-In, BTN folds

Results: $3.10 Pot
  • 1 reply
      Bronze
      I'm certain TexasGrabem has the option to post stats, maybe check it out so you don't need to write them in every hand?

About playing with low pocket pair - it's not as good as it seems. I mean, with such a low pair (like those fours for example) you have a bit more than 50% equity against nearly all not paired hands. And he's most likely to have two overcards to your pair, so I don't ind this move too profitable in terms of equity.

But when fold equity comes into play it looks a lot more brightly. With you villain stealing in 83% of the cases you can resteal easily with any two if your table image is tight (it should be) and if you didn't restole much lately. It's bloody bloody profitable (but you need to jam it as soon as possible, maybe shove it directly?)

Now few facts about this 83 ats oponent:

If he steals to us with only 2bb (which is little, but it happend as we can see) and calls all his steals after our push with 20bb stack, it's profitable to push with 33+, any ace, K3s+, K5o+, Q7s+, Q9o+, J8s+, JTo+, T9s. It's all close to this ranges if he calls up to 50% of his original raise. When his calling to our jam reaches 24% (i.e. 22+, A2s+, A5o+, K9s+, KTo+, QTs+, QJo, JTs), it's profitable with any two - and it's not so out of question since it's close to his original preflop raise percentage...

So I guess it's profitable to resteal here anytime :) . And surely with a pair of fours.