A few newbie question

• Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      so if i limp UTG A 9 A 6 can i call a raise OOP?

K J 9 8 this is not a one gapper as mention on the training article right, this is more like a 2 gapper(which is very bad?) but ok to raise first on the BU?

A T K 5 is consider a good hand or dangler? ( does dangler means a bad hand immediately?)

J J 3 3 good for limping only, not even limp call?

K 7 K 7 same as above?
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would never limp unless I have a lot of limpers and I´m at BU and my hand does not play very well. Or if I´m at Sb and BB likes to 3-bet a lot.

So you should never limp none of these hands and all these hands are good to raise any position (besides KJ98).

If someone 3-bets and you have aces you can always 4-bet and put half your stack in with nuts pre-flop and often take pot down postflop.

best regards,
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hey,

in general it's a terrible idea to limp preflop. Not only that, those hands can be 3bet most of the time (except KJ98, but even that can be 3b vs the right opponents IP).

Please don't open limp :s_cry:

AKT5ds does have a dangler, but it's double suited, high cards and connected for the most part, so it's a great hand.

Regards,

Skodljivec
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      A J T 3

Does the 3 consider a dangler or actually this is a good hand to raise but not good enough to call a 3bet?
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      hey,

your questions are too broad. To put it in a nl perspective, it's like asking can i call a 3b with KQs? It depends on a lot of things. Who's your opponents, what's the dynamic, your position etc...

In general you can call a 3b with that hand. In general. Sometimes you can't. And sometimes you have to.

regards,

Skodljivec
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      You will see this very often in PLO discussion:
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      @kyy

LOL