[NL2-NL10] NL10 2 pairs dry board

• Sasa1234
      0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , Q:club:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, CO folds, Hero calls $0,10, SB calls $0,05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,40) 6:diamond: , J:spade: , 4:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0,10, MP3 calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,50, SB folds, BB raises to $1,10, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0,60.

Turn: ($2,70) Q:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $2,60, Hero raises to $7,60, BB raises to $6,55 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back..

River: ($15,80) 3:diamond:

Final Pot: $15,80

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and jacks (Jd Qc)
      BB shows three of a kind, fours (4d 4s)

BB wins with three of a kind, fours (4d 4s)
  • 2 replies
    • srohack
      raise qj preflop on the buton to isolate the limper .
      as played i am folding when he is minreraising . he min bets into 3 people and then minraises . this is a sign of high strenght from a donk . if you decide you are ahead on the flop and you call when you hit your two pair is mandatory to go broke
    • TheBrood
      IMO...With no raise preflop this guy could have anything, J6, J4, 64, or a set.

When he minbets then minreraises you it means he has a strong hand (2 pair or set). He isnt minbetting a J on the flop to have Q/K/A fall on the turn.
      He isnt reraising you with a weaker J than yours.

On the turn he protects his monster with a pot-size bet since the Qs creates a drawy board. Even though you reraised him on the flop he shows no slowing down on the turn, this tells me he has something good.

AJ is prob raising preflop, as would a high PP. Seems like a close one on the turn since he could either have a worse 2pair than you or a set. Some history could help make that decision, if hes aggressive I would be more inclined to play like you did.

Bottom line: what hand minbets then minreraises that flop? A hand better than yours most probably.