realmoney poker windows phone

• ST0N3D
      ST0N3D
      Silver
      Hi I'm looking for any idea or opportunity to play realmoney poker cashgame on windows phone. (windows 7 on Nokia lumia 710)
      I already took a look for apps in the marketplace, but I didn't find any suitable apps.
      I also tried the titan flashbased browser application of titan poker, but since flash isn't supported on windowsphones, it didn't work. It said I need a adobe flash player update, but on the adobe page was written that it isn't supported on that device.
      So I'm happy to try any pokerroom or app, that might work.
      Cheers
  • 5 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey ST0N3D,

I've not used a Windows Phone so I'm not much use there I'm afraid :( I don't think any of the Real Money Apps are allowed on marketplaces; you have to check the poker sites for the app. I had a look around but couldn't find any, maybe you'll have more luck than me!

As for playing flash, can you not download a separate browser that supports flash? I think it's the same for Android, they don't support flash but some broswers not have function built in instead.

I've also emailed PokerStars to see their stance on Windows Phone & Mobile Poker, I'll update their response :)
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      PokerStars Response

"Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your email.

Please note that at the moment our PokerStars’ Mobile Poker application is only available on the following Apple devices running iOS 4.1.x or higher:

iPhone 3G S, iPhone 4, iPhone 4 S, iPhone 5, iPad, iPad 2, The new iPad, iPad Mini and iPod Touch (4th and 5th Generations).

Additionally, the Mobile Poker application is also available for Android devices, running Android 2.2 and above, with a minimum screen resolution of 800x480.

Please rest assured however that we are aware of public demand for software compatible with other devices (i.e. BlackBerry) and platforms (such as Windows Mobile or Windows 8, or Windows RT for example), and we are working towards developing these for release in the not so distant future.

Do let us know if you require any further assistance.

Regards,

Tuba
      PokerStars Support Team"

Let's hope the not so distant future is close! :]
    • freedeals
      freedeals
      Bronze
      Did you try to search for "poker windows phone" in bing search app (or bing.com from your phone browser) on your Windows Phone?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi all...
      Before they had the PokerStars app, I used teamviewer to remote control my home desktop, and played 1 table on iPoker for about 10 minutes.

It worked, but I felt that there was too much that could go wrong to be worth risking money on.

I would not at this point play tournaments on a mobile device. Fast-fold low stakes would be about it for me.

Best of luck...
      --VS
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Hi all...
      Before they had the PokerStars app, I used teamviewer to remote control my home desktop, and played 1 table on iPoker for about 10 minutes.

It worked, but I felt that there was too much that could go wrong to be worth risking money on.

I would not at this point play tournaments on a mobile device. Fast-fold low stakes would be about it for me.

Best of luck...
      --VS
      Hey ST0N3D

Looks like this will be your option. I've never heared of any pokerrooms that have windows apps :(

I've tried using TeamViewer as well and it works pretty well. There is a little bit of lag but that doesn't really bother to much. It might use a lot of data though...

Regards

RasTweet