Bonus removed from my account with no notice?

• unessential
      unessential
      Bronze
      I've had quite a few qualms with my experience with 770.

First of all, I had an issue trying to deposit onto the account. All customer service did was suggest another payment method (which I want to avoid because of the higher fees) I would be ok with skrill, but I have a business account with skrill and they don't allow more than one account. (I tried to sign up for a personal and it gave me that message saying only 1 account per person or whatnot)

But now I'm glad that my deposit didn't go through. Of the 17.70 bonus (10+7.70) I currently have 0.

the original $10 was deposited to my account. a day after I registered. but I've never gotten the extra 7.70 from them. The email from the CSR simply said that I already have gotten my bonus.

What's even worse (it's been about a week since I've logged onto my account) Is when I decided to log in today, my balance was only $2.40.

(I only played 1 day of the free festival freerolls because I wasn't aware of it till last week). The 40 cents was from a handful of turbo and superturbo SitnGos for about 5 days.

I've just sent an email regarding the missing $10 from my account we'll see what happens.

Still, What the hell? Bad CSR and removal of funds from my account without warning?

thnk goodness my deposit didn't go through. because honestly, I don't trust 770 with my money anymore.
  • 7 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey unessential,

Please let us know what happens next with customer support.

Regards,
      Gary.
    • unessential
      unessential
      Bronze
      This is the portion of the email regarding why the bonus was removed:

I'm not even going to bother with my failed deposit attempt or anything else in this post.

After reviewing your situation, we wish to inform you that the bonus has been automatically removed from your player account due to the fact that you have registered no poker activity on your poker account. Please be reminded that Pokerstrategy has issued a cash bonus of $10 on June, 12th. Take into consideration that according to our agreement with Pokerstrategy, all players receiving this starting capital must generate $1 in rake at our tables within 14 days since the bonus was awarded. Otherwise, the bonus will be automatically removed from your account

No mention of the extra 7.70 on top of the $10 though.

I know I was very careful when going through the instructions to figure out what the limits were from this money. I wanted to make sure that I reached all the restrictions, That's why I was surprised when this money was removed.

After reading this email I went back to check my poker activity (770 has a history)

I have done six $1.00+0.10 and one $1+0.20 . before I started doing the freerolls. Which I have done 7 of. Also I have played a cash game for 12 minutes

I knew something like this would have restrictions, So I followed the instructions very carefully. I paid 80 cents into sitNgos, and with the cash game I'd be very close , if not reached the minimum of $1 "rake" I would have been very close. (assuming, the buyin fees are included after choosing the "sitNgo style" from your website, your tutorial encouraged keeping with those so I assume it is included)

All the tables I played was during the first 48 hours of registering before I discovered the freerolls. I could have easily I just played 1 or 2 more sitNgos before starting the freerolls to reach the minimum if I had known about it.

I had also decided to try and look up the places where the bonus was mentioned, I couldn't find the page with $10. However from

Poker770 - First Deposit Bonus
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-770/download/
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-770/getting-started/#2
      Get your free $7.70 at Poker770 and
      Poker770: Promotions & Information

I see no mention of the minimim, nor could find any fine print. Then again, fine print can be pretty hard to find. But I tried the best of my ability to find it. (Same goes for when I registered as well I did not only go looking for fine print after the fact)

I could only find restrictions on when I could withdraw bonuses. Which, I figure I could work on over a longer period of time. The only time restriction I could find was for thedeposit bonus, which is clearly stated.
      Again, I had recieved the $10.00 bonus but not the $7.70

Even if I don't get the $10.00 restored to my account, even the 7.70, which the CSRs repeatedly, and conveniently avoid mentioning, would give me a decent bankroll to work with without having to resort purely on freerolls.
    • qaz87
      qaz87
      Bronze
      All you have to do now is send them a mail with the bonus code "BonPok".
      You can easily find the instructions on their site.
      The bonus is not getting credited by itself.
      Hope it helps.
    • unessential
      unessential
      Bronze
      Originally posted by qaz87
      All you have to do now is send them a mail with the bonus code "BonPok".
      You can easily find the instructions on their site.
      The bonus is not getting credited by itself.
      Hope it helps.
      I have emailed them. Three times. (4 if you include replying to their support email)

twice to the promotions email which the instructions stated to email them. Once to inquire on the support email, and once replying to their reply. since they mentioned the $10 bonus but not the $7.70
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey unessential,

If you are looking for total rake figures you can ask Poker770. If you feel as if you have generated the $1 rake in time, prove it and send them some screen shots.

You can also contact our customer support team for any assistance you may need in this case.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • unessential
      unessential
      Bronze
      So after taking your suggestion and showing them my screenshots, they have given me the 7.70 but was told to contact your support about the $10.

I would rather not type the entire story in the support form. What is your policy on linking toward a thread in the support form? will they read through it to understand the situation?

or do I have to explain the situation again on the form?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey again,

That's a good start!

Linking is fine and/or copying and pasting should also work.

Let us know how things progress from here.

Gary.