bonus / rakeback

• gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      I'm thinking of transfering my roll to betfair to take full advantage of the 1500$ deposit bonus, and my question is whether or not you can get the rakeback at the same time as you clear your bonus?

My only other question is if anyone knows approximately how many hands it would take to completely clear the bonus playing Nl50 SH and how many hands for Nl100 SH.

Thanks a lot,
      Georg
  • 15 replies
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      I just read that you get 1 point for every 0.1$ of rake you generate. So for 400 points you need to generate 40$ rake and you then will get 10$ of bonus. So I guess it's like 25% rakeback. So to clear the whole 1500$ you need to generate 6000$ rake.

So my second question is actually, approximately how many hands of Nl50 or Nl100 would it take to generate 6000$ rake.

Hopefully this makes it easier to answer.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello gggeorgio,

Apparently you do not receive both of them at the same time (the bonus is subtracted from the RB).

I am not sure how long it takes exactly to clear - but as far as I can see from the German forum its not exactly quick to clear. They do on the other hand praise the extremely bad opponents there.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      What is point of first deposit bonus if is worse than rake back itself?

If you get 25% rake back from bonus and anyway at least 30% rake back normally first deposit bonus is useless or i missed sth. here?
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      thanks for the quick replies. I did the same calculations for a couple of the other sites, and ladbrokes is way easier to clear and I think you get the rake back at the same time as well. I think that will be my choice next month.
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      just to confirm this info, i asked support about it.

and this is what i get ffs:

Thank you for your e-mail. Any payments accrued from a bonus ciode will be deducted from ant subsequent rakebak payment. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries. Kind regards, Jonathan Ellis Betfair helpdesk

from what i calculated, bonus is paid 40% of the rake.
      if rakeback is 30% then it basically means no rakeback is paid out until bonus is cleared...
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Betfair awards points according the amount of rake paid in British pounds (GBP). On their website it says one point for every .05 GBP in rake.
      At the current exchange rate (1.50USD/GBP) that is about .075 USD per point.

If you pay 20 GBP in rake you will get 20/.05 = 400 points, which is the amount needed to release a 10 USD bonus increment.

Converting 20 GBP into USD gives you 30 USD. So right now the bonus is 33% of rake, since 30 USD releases 10 USD in bonus.

I'm pretty sure that's right. So I wouldn't get too caught up in earning the bonus since we will be earning at least 30% rakeback anyways.

Another thing: If the ex. rate goes down the bonus will be better; the bonus will be worse if it goes up. Rakeback should stay the same since it's calculated by percentage and not by points.

And another thing: If the ex. rate moves above 1.667 then the bonus is less than 30% of rake.

*Don't mind me I'm an econo-noob :D
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      Hey nice calculations.
      I'm not playing there anymore. :D
    • Tsarpf
      Tsarpf
      Bronze
      I think the bonus is deducted from the total rake generated.

So: if you generate $40 rake, you receive $10 bonus which is then deducted from the $40 which means $40 --> $30

And with 30% rakeback, you get 30% back from the $30, which is $9 and when you add the $10 bonus and the $9 rakeback together you get $19 which means you get $19 of your $40 back, which means you get (19/40) 47,5% rakeback.

Correct? :)
    • skimon
      skimon
      Bronze
      I thought so 2. But this is pretty high, ain't it ?
    • skip118218
      skip118218
      Bronze
      Anyone able to answer this ?

Seriously ???

Aren't pokerstrategy admins able to give us any piece of it ????????
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      based on my calculations just under 67,000 hands at nl100FR. i am not sure about sh, probally slightly less
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tsarpf
      I think the bonus is deducted from the total rake generated.

So: if you generate $40 rake, you receive $10 bonus which is then deducted from the $40 which means $40 --> $30

And with 30% rakeback, you get 30% back from the $30, which is $9 and when you add the $10 bonus and the $9 rakeback together you get $19 which means you get $19 of your $40 back, which means you get (19/40) 47,5% rakeback.

Correct? :)
      correct.

that's how FDB and bonuses are calculated for the rest of the poker rooms also.

It's always your MGR - bonus cleared x rakeback %
    • BlackHawkEU
      BlackHawkEU
      Bronze
      Anyone knows in what day Betfair pays the rake back and in what day they pay the deposit bonus?
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Wednesdays.
    • BlackHawkEU
      BlackHawkEU
      Bronze
      Now, about the rake...
      If you have for example 1k betfair points. Each point is 0.5 pounds in rake. That means that you generated 500 pounds rake. So your share is 30% of that, and that is 150 pounds.
      When you get the bonus for those 1k points, you get 25$ in average.

So, you get the rake 150 pounds minus 25$ for each 1k betfair points generated, or you get no rake while you clear the bonus?

I know I sound stupid ask this, but it also sucks that on their website I can't find any info about this matter.