Strategypoint reduction? and loss of bonus S.P's

• SoleSearcher
      SoleSearcher
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've been limited in my poker time recently and am trying to gear myself up for properly learning NL Cash, but I have been playing at least a $1.00+ $0.20 Toronto SNG on Poker770 a day to get 1 S.P. + Bonus to keep my status to at least silver (and give me a chance to hit gold if I get the extra time later in the month).

But looking at my Strategy Point breakdown today it shows that I've been awarded only 0.95 SP's per SNG since the 6th of July as opposed to 1 S.P. before and thus also missing the Bonus S.P's.

Just wondering if you have changed the award rate to 4.75 S.P's per dollar now or if this is a computer error somewhere.

Thanks In Advance for any help.

SS.
  • 11 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey SoleSearcher,

There have been no changes in the rate at which you earn StrategyPoints at Poker770. It is still 5 StrategyPoints for every $1 rake you pay.

Do you have your account in Dollars? Or do you have your account in a different currency? If so, the changing currency exchange rate could cause differences in the amount of StrategyPoints you earn every day. So one day you might earn 1 StrategyPoint for 5 games, whereas it might be slightly more or less the next day.

Please let us know :)

And if you have any other questions, please ask!

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by SoleSearcher
      Hi,

I've been limited in my poker time recently and am trying to gear myself up for properly learning NL Cash, but I have been playing at least a $1.00+ $0.20 Toronto SNG on Poker770 a day to get 1 S.P. + Bonus to keep my status to at least silver (and give me a chance to hit gold if I get the extra time later in the month).

But looking at my Strategy Point breakdown today it shows that I've been awarded only 0.95 SP's per SNG since the 6th of July as opposed to 1 S.P. before and thus also missing the Bonus S.P's.

Just wondering if you have changed the award rate to 4.75 S.P's per dollar now or if this is a computer error somewhere.

Thanks In Advance for any help.

SS.
      Hi, SoleSearcher
      From the bolded part of your post, it seems that you've been playing "at least one" SnG per day.

To get 5 SPs, you need $1 rake which would mean five such SnGs.

Or did I misunderstand?

Another thing I thought of -- the division between "days" might not necessarily be midnight. I can't be certain, but I'm guessing that the day changes when the server time crosses midnight.

It would be worth asking Poker770 customer support for your tournament history, and compare that to the point you received.

If there is an obvious error, create a customer support ticket and the wizards behind the curtain will get it sorted out.

Regards,
      --VS
    • SoleSearcher
      SoleSearcher
      Bronze
      Hi Tino and thanks for your reply,

You are right in that I did set the Poker770 account up using GBP, but surely if the SNG is $1 + 20c rake i am still paying the $1 + 20c in rake for 1 full strategy point regardless of what the exchange rate is since the buyin for the SNG is in USD.

However if this is not the case, not to worry, I'll just bear the possible effect of the exchange rate in mind in the future.

Thanks again for the help.

SS.
    • SoleSearcher
      SoleSearcher
      Bronze
      Hi Vorpal and thanks for your reply,

The dates are all correct and i have just played one a day to try and keep my status up, with one $1.20 SNG normally equating to 1 SP but this dropped to 0.95 SP from the 6th of July.

Thanks for posting the link about support tickets and I have sent one just in case.

Cheers again, SS.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey again SoulSearcher,

I agree, it would seem strange if that would change the amount of StrategyPoints you're getting. It might also just be a technical error on the side of Poker770, who knows?

Let us know what answer you get from support! Hopefully it'll get sorted :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Please keep us updated SoulSearcher :)
    • SoleSearcher
      SoleSearcher
      Bronze
      Spoke to PS Customer Support and they said it's because of the currency change, as Tino said.

I think I can change my account to USD. I just need to use up my VIP points up on a couple of bonus's first as I think they get reset to zero if you do change currency, as an entirely new account is created.

Cheers everybody for your help anyway.

SS.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Glad it's sorted now then SoulSearcher :)
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoleSearcher
      Spoke to PS Customer Support and they said it's because of the currency change, as Tino said.

I think I can change my account to USD. I just need to use up my VIP points up on a couple of bonus's first as I think they get reset to zero if you do change currency, as an entirely new account is created.

Cheers everybody for your help anyway.

SS.
      I changed my account currency and they transferred the VIP points over to my new account with my balance etc.

You need to send a message to poker strategy though so you can still be tracked as you have to create a new table alias.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Thanks JimC6 !

That is good to know...

Cheers,
      --VS
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F