Sunday Storm

• donsmokey72
      donsmokey72
      Basic
      Hi everybody,

This is my first post and im playing the sunday storm tonight. Can somebody tell me something about the sunday storm? The overal level of players, and if i could use the standard mtt strategy?

Thnx
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, donsmokey72

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and best of luck in the Sunday Storm!

As far as I can from watching others, the level of play is fairly high after the first break. Before that there are a lot of inexperience players (and some experienced one!) busting out

I've never played it personally.

If you start w/ the standard mtt strategy you should be OK, but you may need to adapt to particular players at your table, your stack size etc.

Best of luck!
      --VS
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      fish fest for the most of it
    • donsmokey72
      donsmokey72
      Basic
      Ok thank you,

A lot of fish indeed, one fish called 3 streets to hit his 2 outer. Lost with AA vs 44. So it wasnt a big succes.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I made it to the money but lost JJ < A4s all in pre for a decent stack... that's the nature of tournaments :)
    • chuderz
      chuderz
      Bronze
      hey guys,

ive had some luck in the sunday storm. (previously sunday 1/4 million)

I came 3rd / 33,000 entrants winning roughly $14,500 in sunday storm.

as for the strategy... there are lots of terrible players especially within the first 3 hours of play. all I did was just standard mtt strat but first phase I would extend a little longer because of the huge number of entrants and donks. so play extremely tight and when you get a great preflop hand make sure your not letting multiple donks see a flop cheaply. if you wait patiently for a monster then isolate one of the many fish your chances of doubling up are high, and reaching the money not too difficult.

once your fairly deep use your tight reputation to get some nice blind steals with a wider range in late pos. otherwise generally playing TAG once deep.

don't think I need to say much more. this is one of my first posts here, its just an opinion from me hope it made a little sense :)

Chuderz - PS