Looking for FL study friend

• ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hi!
      I'm looking for someone to talk FL with. Basic idea: we play some hours each day and then analyze our plays. Need someone who has time for at least 30 minutes a day or so. Benefits:
      -improvement follow just by talking about a hand
      -structure gives a frame for taking time for sessions and study
      -accountability, we can set up goals and tell the other about them. It's easier to back down from goals you have set up for yourself if you're the only one who knows about them.
      + more

About me: I have a link to a blog in my signature. Right now I'm playing .25/.5 SH.

If you have been thinking about making a serious move on poker for some time, but never been able to get it going, one or two study friends can make it work.

Cheers!
  • 21 replies
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      I'd be interested, but not right away, perhaps in a few weeks time.

/Johan = :f_confused:
      Bronze
      lets go for it zerodegrees im always ready and i need a kick in the butt to play more hands etc :) just pm /friend me and we could figure something out.
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Just a possibility is +EV, so strong is this concept. Have PM'd you neighbour.
    • ListenAces
      ListenAces
      Bronze
      If you have time I could chat with about hands with you too.
      I play 5c/10c at the moment and I'm trying to push myself up the limits.
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hi aces,
      saw u made thr 50 mark, gz! I never got any study pal and at the moment Im so fed up with poker it's unbelievable. Can't get any chips. Have serious trouble believing all geniuses with 76o in capped pots who bluff where there's no way they will get a fold are better than me. It just sucks big time and I will have to watch my developping paranoid ideas. I play some however usually each day and if you wanna chat, just pm me and I see it in the mail.
    • ListenAces
      ListenAces
      Bronze
      Sounds like you have been hit by a lot of random stuff.
      In your shoes I would mark the people who are prone to do crazy stunts like that
      and only play againt them on good days, if ever.

Paranoia is a condition caused by a marked lack of real input from facts and real data.
      Take a step back an examine the reality of the situation if you have to.

I will send you a PM.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out there colluding vs you
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      YOU'D be paranoid too if everyone was plotting against you :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek:
    • ListenAces
      ListenAces
      Bronze
      LOL
      If they are really out to get you, you aren't paranoid. :P
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      I went to the library and asked where they kept the books about paranoia and they said:
      "BEHIND YOU!"
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZeroDegrees
      Hi aces,
      saw u made thr 50 mark, gz! I never got any study pal and at the moment Im so fed up with poker it's unbelievable. Can't get any chips. Have serious trouble believing all geniuses with 76o in capped pots who bluff where there's no way they will get a fold are better than me. It just sucks big time and I will have to watch my developping paranoid ideas. I play some however usually each day and if you wanna chat, just pm me and I see it in the mail.
      So i wasn't too good enough for you or was it because I was too good for you to be your study pal ?
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      @avataren: not at all. As I understood you weren't interested, talked about other learning resources for me. But maybe I misunderstood? There isn't too good or bad for this project.

@all: While I'm at it, I'd like suggestions on a good set up for this. It's new to me.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZeroDegrees
      @avataren: not at all. As I understood you weren't interested, talked about other learning resources for me. But maybe I misunderstood? There isn't too good or bad for this project.

@all: While I'm at it, I'd like suggestions on a good set up for this. It's new to me.
      never said anything about not being interested. as the matter of fact i only said i was interested of course.
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Oki, I gonna take some join-time with star trek before bed now, but I talk to you on skype tomorrow.
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      If anyone is still interested in doing something as a group then you can consider me if you want . I can hold my own at 5/10 and I'm learning as quick as I can coming from NL. Give me a week and I can try 10/20 but maybe best if you play 5/10 anyway we stick with that. I'm keen, learning the charts and watching as many coaching vids as poss. Have HM2 but probably a few concepts will be lost on me but I don't hang around when I learn something and I'm not back at uni till the end of the month.

I have work all day tomorrow in a bookies so of course the maths side is already there, just need to drill the charts in and watch as many coaching vids as possible whilst getting in as many hours on the tables
      No worries if you need someone more experienced. Just an idea. Because of work I will probably not be about till sunday but might nip on when I get home around midnight tomorrow.

I want to get as far forward as I can before the end of the month as I know if I don't, I won't progress.
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      I think maybe it will be best for all involved unless you are also new to give me a miss until I feel I can not be a burden or a waste of space :)

Hopefully I will get upto silver status in the next couple of days to show I'm not a complete waste of space lol
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bookie22
      I think maybe it will be best for all involved unless you are also new to give me a miss until I feel I can not be a burden or a waste of space :)

Hopefully I will get upto silver status in the next couple of days to show I'm not a complete waste of space lol
      status doesn't matter. Its the motivation and lust for learning that makes one ideal for being a study partner ;) and you seem to have a great deal of that.
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Thanks Avataren. That was a nice thing to say.
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Ava can be nice much of the time :)