How much time do you guys spend on poker per day?

• Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      I spend about 2-3 hours per day and I feel it is not nearly enough. I enjoy my work and other activities and poker is just a small part of it. A few of my friends say that poker took too much of their time and it is not worth it for them. So I'm wondering how much time other people is spending on poker to be successfull in it? I guess it is all relative in terms of what "success" means.
  • 6 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Poker takes up most of my day. Even if I am busy, I still have PS on in the background, looking for new posts. I enjoy playing and talking about poker, I have the time, so why not.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      On average a few hours a day if I dont have more important stuff to do
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      On average a few hours a day if I dont have more important stuff to do
      What's more important than poker? :D

Poker takes up most of my day if I have nothing to do but I work most nights and try to Bodyboard every chance I get.
      I just want to learn and learn so I have been putting in a lot of hours in the past month and I guess it shows through my bankroll.
    • Urbanen
      Urbanen
      Bronze
      Well.... ive had a book on poker for a long time, sat gathering dust. "Teach Yourself - How to win at Poker" - I read the first couple of chapters when i bought it and never looked at it again. Im not a gambler, but then watching scottys drunken rampage made me want to read the rest of it for some reason...

I got to the odds chapter, realised its not really gambling due to the mathmatical outlook, signed onto PKR with play cash didnt do too badly (got to 27k in a week or so), ended up getting a few more books, absorbed as much as i could of PS in a short time and got signed up with Titan, played my bonus and im still here...which has caused my GF to loath poker so how long do i spend now....i spend around 3-4 hours a night playing weeknights, and if i can get away with it all weekend, but the bits inbetween work and sleep are filled with learning about poker....
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Currently I spend like 3-4 hours(sometimes more) a day but it's because I really have a lot of free time during the summer holiday. Actually I could have played a lot more during those 3 months but I only played when I wanted to - trying to feel the pleasure from the game, not just grind. I like browsing the forum, too - lately I've been checking some of the threads in the german part too - unfortunately ours is not too active.

In my opinion there are more important things than poker and I'm happy that poker did not obsess myself(just partially :P ) - but of course everyone chooses how to spend his own time.

But I've never felt any regret for the time invested in the game - besides the money, I even believe that it has improved some positive traits - like patience and staying cool.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Termi8r
      I spend about 2-3 hours per day and I feel it is not nearly enough. I enjoy my work and other activities and poker is just a small part of it. A few of my friends say that poker took too much of their time and it is not worth it for them. So I'm wondering how much time other people is spending on poker to be successfull in it? I guess it is all relative in terms of what "success" means.
      I completely agree with your friends :)
      I spend to much time playing poker. I could be doing some other (more useful?) things :)