2.50 180man grind

• jambomatty
      jambomatty
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Gona set up a blog on here to try and give myself some motivation for grinding 2.50 (turbo) 180s. Been getting beat up a bit recently with many 10-14th place finishes with the FT beckoning. Just need a bit of confidence to get my game going so will detail my progress here in the future.

Maybe inspire some run/play good!!
  • 16 replies
    • jambomatty
      jambomatty
      Bronze
      First small session trying to get myself going again. played around 30-35 2.50s, bricking pretty hard with a couple of decent chances going begging. Towards the end, managed to get 3 decent stacks ITM one of which I was able to convert to a 1st place finish. Every little helps and a nice confidence booster. Onwards and Upwards
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      congrats on the 1st place ship :s_thumbsup: whats the payout for that?

I don't really play MTTs, unless its live. What kind of BRM do you use for them? i can imagine the swings can be huge :(

How long does it take for a 180-man to run? I hate the idea of playing for 2hours, quadrupling your stack, then getting busted with nothing to show :( suppose its all worth it for the binkz :p

Run good mate! :club:

subbed
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey jambomatty,

Great to see you start blogging! :)

Since I'm going to really start grinding MTTs again as well from now on, I'll be following this. Unfortunately due to a withdrawal I'm not really rolled for the $2.50 180mans anymore. But I hope I can get back there soon :)

So yeah, following for sure!

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • jambomatty
      jambomatty
      Bronze
      @gxtwo - 1st in those is 123 and they take about an hour and a half to play through. I'd say a minimum 200BI's is needed for these, maybe even more if you wanted to be safe because the swings can be massive. And for me to play I have to fire up a ton of them at a time, can definitely be frustrating playing 4 tables and busting a real chance in 8th for $9. Top 2 is where the moneyz is at.

@Tino - Thanks for following, hope you can increase your roll to get you back there soon. Glgl
    • jambomatty
      jambomatty
      Bronze
      Played a couple of sessions.

First one was a bit disappointing, ended -$60 but felt that I wasn't far away, a few 5-9ths that I just couldn't convert but felt that my play was decent.

Second one more than made up for it. Managed to run close in every chance I got and managed two 1sts and a 2nd in about 50 played so a really really good day. Plan on putting in big volume over the weekend and maybe take a chance in a couple of the MicroMillions events on the side and try and bink something =)
    • dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Bronze
      Sup jambo, this could be your lucky day. I've been looking for a $2/180 player to train up and you could be an ideal candidate. Preferably want someone who's gonna grind consistently though. Would you be interested?
    • jambomatty
      jambomatty
      Bronze
      No harm in talking. I've added you as a friend on here. If you wana talk message me your skype name and we can get in contact through that.

Cheers
    • dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Bronze
      sent
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      beat me to it bastard
    • KnowHung
      KnowHung
      Bronze
      Hey, can we be buddys, iam sng multitable grinder, playing 45,90,180,360 sng
      microlimits.

Add me.
    • jambomatty
      jambomatty
      Bronze
      Played a decent volume session last night. Managed to get in about 100 averaging around 15 tables at a time. Really pleased with my FT play at the moment, seem to be picking the right spots and managing to run OK in them too :P . Makes all the difference getting a couple top 2s as oppose to 4ths and 5ths.

Micromillions on the other hand not so good. Played 2 on the side and managed to bust very early, one on the first hand in fact which was amusing. Bring on the turbo

@Knowhung - no problem, added
    • jambomatty
      jambomatty
      Bronze
      Another couple of decent sessions over the weekend. Managed to play 250 180men over Saturday and Sunday with a decent profit across both.

First day was one of those where your struggling to get back to even all day after a seriously bad start, which didn't seem like it was gona happen but a couple of decent runs toward the end meant a $40 profit which was nice.

Sunday was a good day, tried a couple of new things and found myself chipping up a bit better towards the latter stages when its most crucial and it's always nice to take advantage of the Sunday fish. Also managed to get a cash in the Sunday Storm MicroMillions, getting around 2000thish when my KQo couldn't overcome KQs, can't win em all but feeling positive about where I am at the moment.
    • jambomatty
      jambomatty
      Bronze
      Played a lower volume over the last week or so. Cashed out a little bit of profit from previous sessions but this weekend was a bad one.

First session was just brutal, couldn't get anything going and went hours without a FT, when I did get there I made a few mistakes and got a little bit unlucky. Also got 12th in 5.50 turbo(10k) on stars at 20.00 GMT, lost a monster pot with A9 vs KK running A47J2 with him hitting the runner 4 flush. Sucks when theres 1800 for 1st :rolleyes:

Second session I felt i played really quite well. Booked a small profit but felt I deserved a bit better. Going on holiday for a week so not gona be updating for a wee while but look forward to playing high volume when I'm back.

Might even play a liveament on Friday :D , will let you know if I bink
    • jambomatty
      jambomatty
      Bronze
      Been on holiday for a week, came back to the grind and was stuck quite a bit on Sunday. Played a lower volume Monday, Tuesday just for a couple of hours but managed to book a decent ROI on those so booked a small profit.

Did play the liveament as well but I kinda suck at live poker. Was a bounty tournament which was fun to play. Strategy was to play tight and kick it up when the antes came in after the first break after which the blinds went up sharp. Didn't quite get that going and missed 2 bounties when my 68hh lost out to 55 (set on the flop :rolleyes: ) for 7bb and my 88 ran into AA for 14bb. Overall tho, i suck at live poker.

Also of to Wembley for the England v Scotland match tomorrow so I'll be looking forward to a few drinks with the Tartan Army in Trafalgar Square :P
    • dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Bronze
      Leave the crossbar alone this time mate ;)
    • jambomatty
      jambomatty
      Bronze
      Made it back safely from London. If anyone hasn't seen pictures of the hoardes of Scotland fans descending on Trafalgar Square, it really was something special. Not quite the result that we wanted but I'll remember the celebrations of going in front twice for a long while

Pokerwise, got back to the grind over the weekend. Played Sat, Sun, Mon with mixed fortunes. Got a decent profit Saturday, with a win at the end pulling me from break even. Sunday was exceptional, getting profit in the 2.50s and then playing 2 3r 180s and getting 2nd in one for $350 so a lovely boost to the br.

However, my worst sessions are always after a decent win and so it proved again. COuldn't get anything going at all. Ran bad and played worse, the culmination of which was losing QQ vs QJ for 80k on the FT bubble meaning one of my worst sessions for a while. Swings and Roundabouts I guess but keen to put it right.

Lets Go