[NL20-NL50] Nl50 QQ

• erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      OK guys, honestly, who is a bigger fish???

Absolute Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      6 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with Q Q
      2 folds, Hero calls, Button raises to $2, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4, Button calls.

Flop: 5 9 5 ($8.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $4, Button calls.

Turn: 9 ($16.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $22, Button raises all-in $71.09, Hero calls all-in $35.3.
      Uncalled bets: $13.79 returned to Button.

River: T ($131.35, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $131.35)

Results:
      Final pot: $131.35

the guy had a 9 7
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi erptech,

Welcome to the nl forum.

I´d make it 2$ pre-flop and once you c/r, you should make it 7$.
      If you´d bet out with QQ players tend to call light @ 6-max and you can get enough value postflop. Once BU isolated, make bigger re-raise to get value for worse hands.
      On the flop I´d make it 7$ to get value for flushdraws, and would c/c turn or b/f. Don´t really like to overshove pot, since no worse hand would call me and once I get raised it is very unlikely that he is bluffing.

Good luck at the tables,
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi erptech,

Welcome to the nl forum.

I´d make it 2$ pre-flop and once you c/r, you should make it 7$.
      If you´d bet out with QQ players tend to call light @ 6-max and you can get enough value postflop. Once BU isolated, make bigger re-raise to get value for worse hands.
      On the flop I´d make it 7$ to get value for flushdraws, and would c/c turn or b/f. Don´t really like to overshove pot, since no worse hand would call me and once I get raised it is very unlikely that he is bluffing.

Good luck at the tables,
      I would like to ask you if bet-fold is better EV on the river then check-call? In my opinion they are of the same value.

Bet-fold: +bet.and.get.called.by.weaker.pair.or.even.ace.high-bet.and.get.raised.so.you.have.to.fold(this contaisn both raises with weaker hand(bluff)(low equity) or getting raised with stronger hand(higher equity)+blockbet.and.get.called.by.better.hand(very unlikely)-blockbet.and.get.a.fold.with.weak.hand.that.would.have.chance.to.make.a.bluff.if.checked.to

Check-call: +calling.a.bluff(likely)-calling.with.weaker.hand(likely as well)+check.check.situation.loosing.to.a.better.hand(very unlikely)

Can you please leave your thoughts about it? These 2 moves are difficult to compare in numbers I think but I have a sense that check-calling is better EV here.