This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 QQ

• erptech
      erptech
      Silver
      OK guys, honestly, who is a bigger fish???

Absolute Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      6 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with Q Q
      2 folds, Hero calls, Button raises to $2, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4, Button calls.

Flop: 5 9 5 ($8.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $4, Button calls.

Turn: 9 ($16.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $22, Button raises all-in $71.09, Hero calls all-in $35.3.
      Uncalled bets: $13.79 returned to Button.

River: T ($131.35, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $131.35)

Results:
      Final pot: $131.35

the guy had a 9 7
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi erptech,

Welcome to the nl forum.

I´d make it 2$ pre-flop and once you c/r, you should make it 7$.
      If you´d bet out with QQ players tend to call light @ 6-max and you can get enough value postflop. Once BU isolated, make bigger re-raise to get value for worse hands.
      On the flop I´d make it 7$ to get value for flushdraws, and would c/c turn or b/f. Don´t really like to overshove pot, since no worse hand would call me and once I get raised it is very unlikely that he is bluffing.

Good luck at the tables,
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi erptech,

Welcome to the nl forum.

I´d make it 2$ pre-flop and once you c/r, you should make it 7$.
      If you´d bet out with QQ players tend to call light @ 6-max and you can get enough value postflop. Once BU isolated, make bigger re-raise to get value for worse hands.
      On the flop I´d make it 7$ to get value for flushdraws, and would c/c turn or b/f. Don´t really like to overshove pot, since no worse hand would call me and once I get raised it is very unlikely that he is bluffing.

Good luck at the tables,
      I would like to ask you if bet-fold is better EV on the river then check-call? In my opinion they are of the same value.

Bet-fold: +bet.and.get.called.by.weaker.pair.or.even.ace.high-bet.and.get.raised.so.you.have.to.fold(this contaisn both raises with weaker hand(bluff)(low equity) or getting raised with stronger hand(higher equity)+blockbet.and.get.called.by.better.hand(very unlikely)-blockbet.and.get.a.fold.with.weak.hand.that.would.have.chance.to.make.a.bluff.if.checked.to

Check-call: +calling.a.bluff(likely)-calling.with.weaker.hand(likely as well)+check.check.situation.loosing.to.a.better.hand(very unlikely)

Can you please leave your thoughts about it? These 2 moves are difficult to compare in numbers I think but I have a sense that check-calling is better EV here.