[NL2-NL10] NL25 KJs

• Gerv
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:spade: , K:spade:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,25, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0,75, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,75) T:club: , A:spade: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $0,75, Hero raises to $1,50, UTG+2 calls $0,75.

Turn: ($4,75) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks.

River: ($4,75) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,50, UTG+2 calls $1,50.

Final Pot: $7,75

Ok First thing to note is that I didnt noticed UTG+2 limped in so I did my usual solid steal from SB to 3BB against BB. Unfortunately I saw a flop and was like '''Eh I dont see any hole cards at BB"'.

Anyway my typice betting line would be:
      FreePlay + Steals OOP: Check/fold if missed, Check/minraise with OESD/FD/Made hands
      Then my question is if I got the Iniative on the Turn when I am OOP but check/raised on the Flop ??

Mostly during Freeplays, Villains tend to just bet out to take a stab at the pot.

As played, i didnt went all-in on the River because I want to get Value but No FE as I think the Q is either a saviour (he reraises me with Trips) or a Scare card.

I also take his AF in considereation which is semi-passive? so I think I should lead out here am I?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      I guess the villain would not put you on a straight so I would push on the river :P or at least potsize bet. But it's only a newbies advice :P lets see what judges say :)
      I don't like stealing with 3bb, prefer the normal 4bb line. Also with one limper you want to isolate it's better to bet larger amount, so 5bb. Additionaly, it's always better to have position on your oponent - make such a move from bu rather than from sb.

If you steal, even oop, you need to cbet. It's just normal and profitable. Of course you may sometimes check - as in this spot, since having nuts, and go for a check/raise.

Yes, a raise is above bet so initative is yours.

I don't like the 'raise the flop and than check turn' line - i think it's too suspicious. Also, the minraise on the flop hurts a bit, but isn't so bad. I think beting 1/3 pot on the turn and shoving river is ok if you want to get called.