sending Hand Ranges on equilab

• mariano5
      mariano5
      Basic
      Is it possible to send a number of hand ranges which I have saved on Equilab to another person via email, so that they can then load the ranges onto their equilab to look at?
  • 5 replies
    • Lucker9200
      Lucker9200
      Bronze
      yes , you have to copy and send him/her the file called "Preflopuserdefined" and they have to paste it in the same folder where u got the file from I think. The location for the file is something like

C:\Users\Appdata - dont really remember the rest
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Lucker9200
      yes , you have to copy and send him/her the file called "Preflopuserdefined" and they have to paste it in the same folder where u got the file from I think. The location for the file is something like

C:\Users\Appdata - dont really remember the rest
      Thanks for that Lucker9200!

You can always find your appdata folder by the following methods:
      2000/XP: Open "My computer" and in the address bar type %appdata%
      W7 & 8: In the search box type the same thing: %appdata%

One thing to note:
      If your friend has their own user-defined ranges, then they should save the file that is there, or it will be overwritten, and the contents irretrievably lost.

The file is a simple text file, and the contents seem straightforward, but I have never tried manually editing it.

if you do, be sure to keep a copy of the original.

Hmm...
      I just checked, and on my computer, the file Lucker9200 mentioned is NOT in %appdata%

On my computer it is in the folder:
      %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Equilab

Have a look in those two places.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by mariano5
      Is it possible to send a number of hand ranges which I have saved on Equilab to another person via email, so that they can then load the ranges onto their equilab to look at?
      Hi, mariano5

I just noticed that this is your first post.

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

I can see that you're finding your way around well enough -- you've already got Equilab and all.

Be sure not to miss the free poker money as well as the articles and videos.

Best of luck!
      --VS
    • mariano5
      mariano5
      Basic
      Thanks for the info. I have windows 7 and can't find the text document to copy. There's the text of the "PreflopPredefined" hand ranges, however my user defined ranges aren't included. Anyone have any info one where I can find it? thanks!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      The full name of the file is:
      PreflopUserdefined.ini

If you have several on your computer, you'll need to find out which is the correct one.

To do that, use Equilab to make a change in one of your user-defined ranges or add a new one.

Close Equilab

Search for PreflopUserdefined on your computer.

The one you want will be the one with the current date.

All the best,
      --VS