This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

sending Hand Ranges on equilab

• mariano5
      mariano5
      Basic
      Is it possible to send a number of hand ranges which I have saved on Equilab to another person via email, so that they can then load the ranges onto their equilab to look at?
  • 5 replies
    • Lucker9200
      Lucker9200
      Bronze
      yes , you have to copy and send him/her the file called "Preflopuserdefined" and they have to paste it in the same folder where u got the file from I think. The location for the file is something like

C:\Users\Appdata - dont really remember the rest
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Lucker9200
      yes , you have to copy and send him/her the file called "Preflopuserdefined" and they have to paste it in the same folder where u got the file from I think. The location for the file is something like

C:\Users\Appdata - dont really remember the rest
      Thanks for that Lucker9200!

You can always find your appdata folder by the following methods:
      2000/XP: Open "My computer" and in the address bar type %appdata%
      W7 & 8: In the search box type the same thing: %appdata%

One thing to note:
      If your friend has their own user-defined ranges, then they should save the file that is there, or it will be overwritten, and the contents irretrievably lost.

The file is a simple text file, and the contents seem straightforward, but I have never tried manually editing it.

if you do, be sure to keep a copy of the original.

Hmm...
      I just checked, and on my computer, the file Lucker9200 mentioned is NOT in %appdata%

On my computer it is in the folder:
      %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Equilab

Have a look in those two places.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by mariano5
      Is it possible to send a number of hand ranges which I have saved on Equilab to another person via email, so that they can then load the ranges onto their equilab to look at?
      Hi, mariano5

I just noticed that this is your first post.

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

I can see that you're finding your way around well enough -- you've already got Equilab and all.

Be sure not to miss the free poker money as well as the articles and videos.

Best of luck!
      --VS
    • mariano5
      mariano5
      Basic
      Thanks for the info. I have windows 7 and can't find the text document to copy. There's the text of the "PreflopPredefined" hand ranges, however my user defined ranges aren't included. Anyone have any info one where I can find it? thanks!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      The full name of the file is:
      PreflopUserdefined.ini

If you have several on your computer, you'll need to find out which is the correct one.

To do that, use Equilab to make a change in one of your user-defined ranges or add a new one.

Close Equilab

Search for PreflopUserdefined on your computer.

The one you want will be the one with the current date.

All the best,
      --VS