[NL2-NL10] NL25 freeplay trips

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $14.95
      CO:
      $30.31
      SB:
      $27.86
      Hero:
      $5

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:diamond: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BU folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.00) 4:club: , 9:heart: , 9:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.75, 3 folds.

Final Pot: $1.75

Would a bet on the turn be better. rainbow flop... I remember thinking if he didn't call my flopbet he wouldn't call my turnbet, But is it not worth trying when you think you have easily the best hand?

On the other hand, he still has a remote chance of getting a good draw on the turn depending on his cards ofc.
  • 3 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      half sized bet on the flop to keep him having ok odds against your monster?
      BUT
      I think it's still fine to just win small pots.
      Obz they will build up over time and you dont really want villain to suck out on you when you flop trips.
      In the long run you will loss more if you let villain catch up because most of the time you will go broke.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Ye a smaller bet would be better idea and see the turn and how do others act.
      Bronze
      Against such a number of oponents it's ok to just bet.

It's alway ok to just bet :) . Trips aren't such a monster to slowplay them... You can win additional bet maybe and maybe not. Maybe if you bet the flop than you can put all your money in before showdown if somebody shows interest in this hand, while by betting on the turn you would not have such a chance?