This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 9 outs, 3 to 1 pot odds.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $25.21
      Hero:
      $4.65

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q:spade: , A:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, MP1 calls $1.00, 6 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 8:diamond: , T:club: , J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP1 raises to $5.00, Hero raises to $3.65 (All-In).

Turn: ($11.00) 4:club:
      River: ($11.00) A:diamond:

Final Pot: $11.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows [ 9h, 9c ] a pair of Nines
      Hero shows [ Qs, As ] a pair of Aces
      MP1 wins $1.35 USD with a pair of Nines.
      Hero wins $9.17 USD with a pair of Aces.

Whilst playing this hand i decided that i could actually call the reraise because the pot was big enough and against a loose opponent i thought i still had high card outs.
      More precisely any A, K or Q would give me top hand. I had also just seen this opponent make a purebluff reraise the turn before with nothing and QJs.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I would have folded the hand and save the money :P but nice catch! Lets see what judges think about such moves.
      Bronze
      How did you calculated the 9 outs? I can see 8 for double belly buster (9 and K for str8) and 6 for overcads, so a lot more. Of course not every of them might be clean, but I think the amount that is, is clearly sufficient to call here.

Oh, now I know. I tell you something - newer post results! They can't help us in judging you hand before you knew them! So on the flop you maybe had 9 outs but you had no clue you did, right?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Hahaha, you're right, i dunno how i didn't see i had more than 9 outs before your reply 098799.

Looks like I still have a way to go on evaluating my hand on the flop heh!