This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom K9o

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.28)
      Hero ($38.14)
      UTG ($26.02)
      UTG+1 ($10.95)
      CO ($17.08)
      BTN ($25)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: 9:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.50) 8:heart: 3:club: J:heart:

SB bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.10, SB calls $1.35

TURN ($5.70) 8:heart: 3:club: J:heart: 7:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $4.10, SB calls $4.10

RIVER ($13.90) 8:heart: 3:club: J:heart: 7:club: J:club:

SB bets $8.50, Hero folds

SB wins $13.27

13/13 8h

Flop - have very weak hand but his cbet also looks very weak so decided to raise -still I have some outs. My plan was to push him on turn and river, unless flush draw hits. I think with this sizing he can have FD and wants to get cheap price.

Turn improves my hand to GS so barrel. Once he calls - I think he is very likely having Jx.

So I planned still bet river to make his Jx fold. My line looks very strong.

But this J now completes his trips so easy fold.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Fold Flop, Fold Turn, Fold River. You are picking really bad spots to bluff.

Flop: I guess the bluff raise here isn't too bad as an exploitive strategy vs a weak flop bet size (dependent on villain) but you don't have backdoor flush equity so I prefer raising hands with 1 or 2 s in them. Or maybe some gutshots.

Turn: Turn bet is really spewy - Your perceived range is now much wider on this turn card which brings a 2nd flush draw. If you are still having all hearts and clubs, do you think villain should ever fold a hand like 99 here? NO!

River: You really think JX folds here? That's crazy - No one ever folds here.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Turn: Turn bet is really spewy - Your perceived range is now much wider on this turn card which brings a 2nd flush draw. If you are still having all hearts and clubs, do you think villain should ever fold a hand like 99 here? NO!

OK, then if I have FD on this turn - then its also not worth to bluff? I understand that I have better equity in that case, but practically as you say still same 99 is not folding.

BTw I myself if would have 99 and see raise flop, and bet so big on turn, I probably would have folded. Because my 99 is not having big equity vs such action. And plus I need to face bet on river often. Unless I really know this player likes to bluff. Then I probalby with 99 would not even bet flop and let him bluff and have smaller pot.

River: You really think JX folds here? That's crazy - No one ever folds here.

On this river not because its trips but I meant I would targed Jx if river is not J. Or you think Jx still does not ever fold? Let say facing big bets. It also depends what kicker he has. If its A then I agree - it always calls.

And then if Jx top pair is not folding river - what rivers could I bluff here?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      you should bet Turn with flush draws but not with any junk. If you are bluffing way too often here, then no one should ever fold any pair to you.

Of course he may/may not fold 99 here. But with better equity from our perspective, we need villain to fold less often for our bluff play to be profitable.

River: Bluffing a non JX river is definitely going to be better. But still, I think your gameplan is a little too reckless and over-aggressive.