This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH QTo bluffcatch

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($19.80)
      BB ($39.10)
      UTG ($36.93)
      UTG+1 ($23.71)
      Hero ($25.50)
      BTN ($14.09)

Dealt to Hero T:club: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, SB calls $0.50, fold

FLOP ($1.40) 8:diamond: 3:heart: Q:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB calls $0.90

TURN ($3.20) 8:diamond: 3:heart: Q:heart: J:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($3.20) 8:diamond: 3:heart: Q:heart: J:club: 6:spade:

SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

Hero shows T:club: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 72%, Flop 77.9%, Turn 3.4%)

SB shows 9:spade: T:heart:
      (Pre 28%, Flop 22.1%, Turn 96.6%)

SB wins $7.03

note:
      call vs CO steal in SB w QTo, c/c cbet JTx w 2nd pair, c/c blank turn, che check A river

Turn - his fcbet turn is low, but my top pair is weak, and I felt like I turn it into a bluff if I bet. I can get value from FD but straight is posible, and better Qx also possible.

And thats bit confusing on river. One reason to call river is because I show weakness on turn, and its like too weak to fold now.

On the other hand - his aggression on river is very low and tells that its eazy fold.
      He is not turning weak sd value into bluff and only bluff I can expect there is busted FD. But with his afq river its not likely.
  • 6 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

I think you played it really fine. Don't overanalyze this spot - You need a really strong read to hero-fold here with top pair.

His range could certainly contain more hands than straights and two pairs. He could have stuff like A:dT as well as X:hX. This is a snap call as played.

I also agree with the turn check - Betting is probably a little thin.
    • fullofbenjamins
      fullofbenjamins
      Bronze
      hi,

I don't think that the turn bet would be too thin. He calls in sb a lot and so he could have lot of pair + gs type hands and also some JT,J9 that turned a pair and never folding.

Though I like your line too, well played sir. Btw we play the same stake.

cheers
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I don't think that the turn bet would be too thin. He calls in sb a lot and so he could have lot of pair + gs type hands and also some JT,J9 that turned a pair and never folding.

I can bet river to get value from his weak pairs if I see so much weakness in his line. I dont want 3 streets of value anwyay.

His range could certainly contain more hands than straights and two pairs. He could have stuff like AT as well as XX

It can contain those of course but is he bluffing enough, when he has such river afq.. Probalby I would need to filter the hands in datanase how he plays rivers with busted draws.
    • fullofbenjamins
      fullofbenjamins
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I can bet river to get value from his weak pairs if I see so much weakness in his line. I dont want 3 streets of value anwyay..
      But some river cards will be scarecards on which he wont pay with while on the turn you can get value from them.

I see there's no 3 streets of value but you can just xback river.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Sgtill am not so sure. OF course turn brings pair + GSs but also it completes some hands - JJ, 9T
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I would bet with KQ and AQ for sure on the Turn, but QT seems a little thin here so I think a check back is slightly better.