[NL20-NL50] KTs sqz pot

• double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, bb0.50/bb1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): bb100 (100 bb)
      SB: bb164.11 (164.1 bb)
      BB: bb162.19 (162.2 bb)
      MP: bb100 (100 bb)
      CO: bb41.50 (41.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T K
      MP folds, CO raises to bb2.25, Hero calls bb2.25, SB folds, BB raises to bb8, CO folds, Hero calls bb5.75

Flop: (bb18.75) 5 J A (2 players)
      BB bets bb9.20, Hero calls bb9.20

Turn: (bb37.15) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets bb16, BB calls bb16

River: (bb69.15) 4 (2 players)
      BB checks,

CO 60k hands
      28/26/9.0%
      open CO 31%
      fold to 3bet CO 67%
      4bet range CO 5.6%

BB 40k hands
      26/21/7.8%
      squeeze BB 7.8%
      cbet in 3bp 79/53/58
      c/f as pfr turn in 3bp 68% (22)
      WTSD 25%

Not very happy with this, probably should have folded PF.
  • 7 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

Yeah, I would fold preflop probably vs this sizing. His range is not THAT wide actually by the looks of it.

As played, shove river makes sense. You can rep flushdraw, you can rep 2pair, sets as well. Apart from that, his range should be capped at like AQ, AK.
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Heya,

Yeah, I would fold preflop probably vs this sizing. His range is not THAT wide actually by the looks of it.

As played, shove river makes sense. You can rep flushdraw, you can rep 2pair, sets as well. Apart from that, his range should be capped at like AQ, AK.
      What's you value shove range on the river?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I would think whether or not I should include AQ but anything better I would ship. AJ, JJ, 55, A5s, A8s ( last 3 not always in my range, would have to think about what else I know about opponent) and a few flushes. I would personally not find myself with many bluff hands in this spot because my preflop range is not that weak either. KTs is proabbly snap fold for me given average opponents. I would almost never raise such a flop in a 3bet pot, esp not for value.. Opponent's range is very wide and he continues vs a raise probably too tight for us to raise a hand like.

The main thing is I don't think he has better than AK so he has some AK, AQ and apart from that he has KK, QQ, KJ, etc.
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      I would think whether or not I should include AQ but anything better I would ship. AJ, JJ, 55, A5s, A8s ( last 3 not always in my range, would have to think about what else I know about opponent) and a few flushes. I would personally not find myself with many bluff hands in this spot because my preflop range is not that weak either. KTs is proabbly snap fold for me given average opponents. I would almost never raise such a flop in a 3bet pot, esp not for value.. Opponent's range is very wide and he continues vs a raise probably too tight for us to raise a hand like.

The main thing is I don't think he has better than AK so he has some AK, AQ and apart from that he has KK, QQ, KJ, etc.
      He tank called me with KJ which kinda tilted me a bit. I then thought a bit about my range and I don't think I'm unbalanced.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      well, if he knows you know his range is capped and will exploit that he is OK to call.. Just because he did that though, you can now expand your Ax value bets to A9 at least... probably can vbet all Ax in your range because he has KK, QQ that plays the same, as well as any Jx basically since he perceives you as very polarised and air heavy.

Doesn't mean you are unbalanced.. I had a guy stack off K high when he only beat the specific hand I had and although it might have seemed bad for me and that he won, he actually made a mistake, not beating all my bluffs either.

LE: He prob thinks you don't vbet Ax or 2 pair if the flush gets there which is BS ofc but it's also a possible motivation for his play.
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      well, if he knows you know his range is capped and will exploit that he is OK to call.. Just because he did that though, you can now expand your Ax value bets to A9 at least... probably can vbet all Ax in your range because he has KK, QQ that plays the same, as well as any Jx basically since he perceives you as very polarised and air heavy.

Doesn't mean you are unbalanced.. I had a guy stack off K high when he only beat the specific hand I had and although it might have seemed bad for me and that he won, he actually made a mistake, not beating all my bluffs either.

LE: He prob thinks you don't vbet Ax or 2 pair if the flush gets there which is BS ofc but it's also a possible motivation for his play.
      Yeah, I remeber thinking he never has a flush since both A and J are hearts.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yep, but it matters if he thinks that you know that and you would now have no restraint from value betting Ax or thinks you are not good enough. Very hard to get your opponent's exact level in this situation. If you assumed he folded more than he did, it's a mistake that you can correct, not much else to do. As a default, apart from folding preflop, I like your play. :)