Crushing ZOOM nl 0.01/0.02 Volume 1 ( In depth- Long post )

• DjolusVicenus
      DjolusVicenus
      Silver
      Hi. I am writing this to give back feedback to all people who gave to community and to give them smile while reading this. In the same time people who are starting might find this useful.

I dont know where to begin :(

I will start at how I setted up mine HM2.

When it comes to "computer stuff" I am not that good at it. So setting up HM2 what more than a challenge. I found what I want it to looks like. And I spent like 6 hours ( with brakes) to find all stats and put it in order. ( It was painful but I was determend)

Mine stats looks like this. 4 lines.
      1 Vpip/pfr, open raise (utg, mp, steals/combined CO&BU&SB, on popout you have it more detalied if you need it), and postflop aggresion factor.
      2 3bet/fold to 3 bet, 4bet/fold to 4bet/call 4bet
      3. cbet flop, fold to cbet flop, cbet turn/fold to cbet turn, donk bet tottal
      4. agr turn, agr river, limp-fold, limp-call ( 3rd is limp-raise which is usualy non, and its missing outs of those 2 combined)

If you are wondering why I use to complicated HUD, I dont want to play micro for rest of mine life, so I started thinking ahead and try to use as much stats as I can( have in mind I am not smartest in the room when it comes to reading HM2 :( )

At the time I didnt played on pokerstars. I had some leftover money there ( 17$)
      Gold academy was just starting. I played a bit on pokerstars just to boost mine pokerstrategy points so I can be gold and watch videos and coaching-s.

After watching all videos, twice, and third time making all charts that are used there, I started grinding harder. ( If anyone wants access to these charts, you need to ask from Pleno1, and if he reffers your mail I will give you access. they are done in Gdrive-part of gmail, bare in mind its not mine charts to give, so dont sent me any reqvest pls. )

So as mine default game I used more or less charts.

What have I learned>?

This is probable individual to me, but these are mistakes I didnt know I had and I saw em during coaching-s.

1. I didnt have 3bet bluff range.
      2. I didnt have a game plan in any hand. ( I mostly played like, yea cbet, or i give up, I had some basic concepts, but not cleared as I have it now)
      3. I didnt know difference from Show down value and value. ( there is Monster like video on this topic from one of coaches, you need gold account, IT IS WORTH IT EVEN IF YOU BUY GOLD ACCOUNT.)

So how did I improve that>?

1. Mainly I started using charts for this one. Now its more or less automatic. ( pay atttention to if you are 3bet-stealing, and he calls, you need game plan. Dont randomly go cbet or call with mid pair. Think about his range, about how hard could he hit, with what would he go 4bet(all-in), is he passive, is he aggresive, etc. game plan, game plan, game plan.)

2. Game plan. Now, I think more in ranges. for example, I bet 75s from BU, bb calls.

Flop 9 7 3, Mine game plan is, mine hand is middle stranght. bord is drowy, so mine options are eather to cbet ( protection, and little bit of value, mostly show down, ) mine goal is to win pot there. If there is a re-raise, there is no any idea to call it... if he calls. I evaluete at turn card. Idea from turn is to go to show down as cheap as possible, or to give up if card is scary. ( T, 6, A, K ) etc....

3. Watch the video. http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/28677/

What did I found intresting on nl 0.1/0.2 that I could use as their weakness>?

I never thinked like this until I saw coaching. Before I mostly was fokused on mine cards and mine plays.

Now I was searching for weakness in other players games. This now is summary of those weaknesses.

There are 2 type of weak exploative players.

First people who dont know diffrance betwean pot /stack ratios.

( you rekognize them by see they go all in where it not makes sense. Like out of random, they go all in, 80bb, or 100bb, or even 200bb, it tells me that they see hand they think its strong and just press button, raise. So when I have Strong hand, I know I dont need to think in terms of will he call 1/2 pot, or will I get 2/3 pot, I just overbet easly and I know there is a high chance those players will call me.) So when I see those kind of strange all in not pot awareness moves I mark those players as yellow.

Later during the game, If I get to spot where that kind of player called mine turn, flop bet, and I have decent strong hand,

Example:

AKof --- flop Kd 8h 6h---- he call, turn blank 2d, I go all in, knowingly that he will gamble becouse he dont know concepts about is it profitable to call from pot/implied odds. ( Or at least its a bigger chance than vs normal guys )

Second exploative players I encounter are really nit players. there stats looks like, at most 8/0, 10/10, mostly 15/xx(VPIP/PFR). THey fold a lot. vs them mine game plan is to steal as much as I can. I know that even worst case scenario ( i got 72of) I have 18% chance to win pot. They call raises less than that. So from BU, or SB, I raise any 2 cards if I see those kind of players on blinds.

If by any chance they call. Its quite easy to put them on range... Stronger then UTG, think like they have ussualy or UTG similar, or if they have like 8/0 even like range you use as UTG vs 3 bet form CO, BU and similar...

So if board comes like, 7 5 4, easy Cbet for you no matter if you have part of it or not. ( like they will fold big part of they range, at least Ax, Kx, probable not folding any pair. )

any other action FOLD!.

During mine hands, I had maybe 2,3 calls from those kind of players and I flop-ed good all thimes that happend. ( I played about 25k+ hands in total.)

One Warning for players that have this tactic.

There are strange limpers from CO, BU. Some players limp maid hand and play passive. AK, AQ etc, So raising from blinds for value with hands like KQs, KQof costed me a couple of times full stack.

When I figured out what are those players doing, I just adapted a little and later it was fine. ( you can spot them when you see their aggresion factor 1 or less, and VPIP/PFR 18/6 calling BU, or CO etc.

In range of 11 days that I played I managed to gather from 17$ to 142$

At the end of the day. I go to HM2 and sort hands to lost bigest pot, and I review mine hands, and compare it to chats and what cound I do better and what I did bad in that hand. Overall I lost most money on over valueing mine big pairs, AA, KK, and some dumb actions. From every hand, That I lost much that day, I tryed to figure out how to fix it for next time.

There was a time when I would TILT HARD.

In those moments I allways remmeber this video and it helped me to chill out, and play mine next hand. http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/27332/

F.A.Q.

1. Things you may think, omg you just had a lucky streak... ( maybe so, Poker is a bit about luck, Bare in mind mine net win vs mine ALL in EV line in HM2 is like 2/3 to 1. So when it comes to luck I was a bit unluky more than mine all in actions were at the moment of making them.)

2. You played every hand good. FUCK now. I did make an effort to REVIEW MINE BIGEST LOSING HANDS, and figure out what I did bad, and how to fix it for next time.

For example I remmember this had as it was like today.

***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (Poker Stars)
      $2.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, July 16, 03:41:01 ET 2013
      Table Halley 17 (Real Money)
      Seat 1 is the button
      Seat 1: Player1 ( $5.17 USD ) - VPIP: 20, PFR: 3, 3B: 11, AF: 1,8, Hands: 30
      Seat 2: Hero ( $2.00 USD ) - VPIP: 25, PFR: 22, 3B: 9, AF: 2,6, Hands: 25451
      Seat 3: Player3 ( $2.96 USD ) - VPIP: 60, PFR: 20, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 5
      Seat 4: Player4 ( $2.89 USD ) - VPIP: 34, PFR: 30, 3B: 13, AF: 3,2, Hands: 77
      Seat 5: Player5 ( $1.35 USD ) - VPIP: 100, PFR: 100, 3B: 100, AF: 0,0, Hands: 2
      Seat 6: Player6 ( $3.71 USD ) - VPIP: 17, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 6
      Hero posts small blind [$0.01 USD].
      Player3 posts big blind [$0.02 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to Hero [ Qs Ks ]
      Player4 folds
      Player5 raises [$0.04 USD]
      Player6 folds
      Player1 raises [$0.08 USD]
      Hero calls [$0.07 USD]
      Player3 calls [$0.06 USD]
      Player5 calls [$0.04 USD]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ Td, 9s, 8d ]
      Hero checks
      Player3 checks
      Player5 checks
      Player1 bets [$0.08 USD]
      Hero calls [$0.08 USD]
      Player3 calls [$0.08 USD]
      Player5 calls [$0.08 USD]
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ 3s ]
      Hero bets [$0.42 USD]
      Player3 folds
      Player5 folds
      Player1 raises [$1.02 USD]
      Hero raises [$1.42 USD]
      Player1 calls [$0.82 USD]
      ** Dealing River ** [ 7d ]
      Hero shows [Qs, Ks ]
      Player1 shows [Jd, Qh ]
      Player1 wins $4.17 USD from main pot

What were mine mistakes in this hand?

1. I NEVER AGAIN LISTEN TO YOUTUBE PLAYLIST OF SONGS IN BAKCGROUND, OR use anything to destract me from fokusing on mine hands during mine sessions. ( At beginning of hand I was in google chrome trying to set mine next song that I liked, and mine comp laggged a bit for a sec or soo, SO when I wanted to re raise for value with KQs I ended up only min raising. -*----- Stupid.

2. I just started to use 4 tables, I played 2 only. And with that many tables I totally forrgoten what was happening in that hand when I was on mine turn decision. ( I was thinking I re-rased good pre flop, and that I cbet-ed flop. )

I think mine idea on turn to fold Tx 9x and drows was good, but when I review how that hand went down I was like, OMG I DID so much stupid moves in that hand. Played completly like a retard.

and so on. Mine stats are this.

VPIP 26,2 PFR 22,2 3bet 9.12 WTSD% 27,4 W$SD% 46,4 agg 2,6 agg%40%

I dont really know is this good, or bad or ....

I do know, That gold academy Helped and improved mine game. I do know that this is all bc of those coachings and I wanted to say... Ty guys. You didnt do all those stuff for nothing. At least 1 student got a something and used it in practice.

Special thx to Pleno1 and Raskolnikov for their contribution...

DjolusVicenus
  • 10 replies