Quads quads.....more quads

• Blair29
      Blair29
      Basic
      Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the insane number of quad hands on ipoker the past few weeks?

Been playing on the network quite a while and for me its been nuts. Over the past 648 hands i've seen quads 23+ times in tourny play which isn't exactly 'normal'.

I've had them 3 times so I'm not exactly complaining but its certainly unusual.
  • 4 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      I've had 2 quads from memory in 3k hands in the last week :)

[ ] got paid with them though :(
    • Blair29
      Blair29
      Basic
      Ive seen another 3 in 85 hands tonight just playing the 10k

And I've actually just closed my ipoker accounts somethings changed on the network since the servers were up and down like yo yo's. Whn you have to legitimately worry about someone having quads every time the board pairs it gets a little silly.

Not saying its fixed or has action flops but somethings not right anymore. But hey we'll just put it down to 'variance' or the poker gods smoking too much crack.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Four Kings came down on the board last night too which was quiet funny, that was the only quads I made last night. Which was awesome because I had an Ace and I took down a nice pot vs. a fish :D
    • kutero
      kutero
      Basic
      plo has more quads there than at any other places i have played at. the reason is the more luck coming to dog hands or and against the opponents on deals, bonuses. if i flop a straight, it almost always loses to some bad players rag flush draw,, i tried that myself too and got there but the opponent had a bigger flush. the other possibility is the opponent having a set, after there are not many cards that can beat ur straight, thats why more quads too. if u have top set, the other might have only one out but its then up to sure to come, or if he had two pocket pairs vs. ur top set of aces, it will be a runner runner quads for him. the other quads are random.

this is just normal general ipoker rng, and it might get some excited if there is a raise or all in, favoring the dog, that actually might even be the favorite there. try check more and its more likely u will suck if u were behind, or just to produce action. but if u were ahead, know that its more likely the opponent sucks than u might expect. these are more likely to happen the first time on the session than later.

but thats online poker generally and winning with rb is pretty much all one gets in the long run and if one plays tougher games, one might see less of those extra bad beats or they will just even out and be lots of fun for all players, making it more like a marginal limit game, that one though might not beat then until its adjusted differently.