This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [Fr] Nl25 AQo 17.07

• UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Full Tilt - $0.25 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $24.14 (VPIP: 35.27, PFR: 19.64, 3Bet Preflop: 1.85, Hands: 279)
      CO: $38.63 (VPIP: 10.00, PFR: 5.67, 3Bet Preflop: 1.59, Hands: 300)
      BTN: $36.32 (VPIP: 16.36, PFR: 12.31, 3Bet Preflop: 4.90, Hands: 7,282)
      Hero (SB): $26.61
      BB: $33.08 (VPIP: 24.64, PFR: 14.87, 3Bet Preflop: 5.97, Hands: 3,178)
      UTG: $26.23 (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 18)
      UTG+1: $10.00 (VPIP: 9.36, PFR: 6.69, 3Bet Preflop: 2.42, Hands: 982)

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has Q:heart: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.75, fold, BTN calls $2.00

Flop: ($5.75, 2 players) 4:diamond: A:spade: 5:diamond:
      Hero bets $3.00, BTN calls $3.00

Turn: ($11.75, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero bets $6.00, BTN raises to $30.57 and is all-in, fold

btn

Preflop: I decided to 3bet this player because he is able to call with worse Ax than mine... I saw him calling 3bet oop w/ AJs so probably in blind war in position is able to call w/ KQs maybe sc but I don't know it. This is just assumptions.

with line would be better 3bet or just flat? probably two options are correct.

Postflop: easy play... value bet worse Ax, FD and SD (he plays draws passive)
      Turn: not much to do. SD completed and he shoves. I don't think so that this kind of player shoves w/ worse Ax. Probably AK, straight or slowplay set.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi UnknownJoseph,

Preflop: looks fine since this guy looks more stationy and we have value

Postflop: The turn spot is tough because he is generally passive over this sample so bet/folding is definitely not bad. Given he doesn't fold on the flop much and goes often to showdown I can also see us checking the turn to let him bet his floats although a lot of his hands may just check back (pairs/draws - but most pairs only give you one more street at most anyway).
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      so x/c on the turn and what to do on the riv?
      Probably I have problem with this kind of line when x/c turn and don't know what to do when villain bets again.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by UnknownJoseph
      so x/c on the turn and what to do on the riv?
      Probably I have problem with this kind of line when x/c turn and don't know what to do when villain bets again.
      Do you expect someone like him to barrel you on the river after you call the turn?

I have no problem with bet/folding though but the value you have is limited (unless villain calls a lot of Ax versus 3-bet like AJ/AT/A9). You already saw AJs but that's 2 combos, so we need more than that.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      probably problem is in my postflop skill... I would x/c turn and don't know what to do on the river... I think that after x/c my range is capped and I can be easily bluffed by him
      but according to villain stats I don't think so that he is able to bluff on the riv
      low AFq i AF
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by UnknownJoseph
      probably problem is in my postflop skill... I would x/c turn and don't know what to do on the river... I think that after x/c my range is capped and I can be easily bluffed by him
      but according to villain stats I don't think so that he is able to bluff on the riv
      low AFq i AF
      We do have TP in a 3-bet pot so I don't think we have that hard of a time postflop. I think it comes down to how we can best exploit villain's range in these spots.

I'm not saying that ck/call is best but an option. Given the board and what he can float with (in terms of draws) and his Ax hands, ck/shove is probably a really solid option.