This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 SH - Double barrel

• mitjaj
      mitjaj
      Basic
      Is Double barreling here OK? Villain folded 75% on cbet on turn in 8 occassions. Less then 35% fold on cbet on the flop.

MP: $5.36 (134 bb)
      CO: $4.27 (106.7 bb)
      BTN: $5 (125 bb)
      SB: $6.12 (153 bb)
      Hero (BB): $8.05 (201.3 bb)
      UTG: $5 (125 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:spade: 9:club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.12, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN calls $0.28

Flop: ($0.82) 3:heart: J:club: 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.57, BTN calls $0.57

Turn: ($1.96) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.98, BTN raises to $2.24, Hero folds

Results: $3.92 pot ($0.26 rake)
      Final Board: 3:heart: J:club: 4:diamond: 8:heart:
      BTN mucked and won $3.66 ($1.71 net)
      Hero mucked 6:spade: 9:club: and lost (-$1.95 net)
  • 4 replies
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      On that board, after a re-raise pre-flop, what did you think he was calling you with on the flop?

That is his range.....what percentage of that would fold on that turn?
    • mitjaj
      mitjaj
      Basic
      Because of the fact if i represent an AJ or JJ+ i can get folds with AK, AQ, PP which doesnt make him a set which is majority of his range in my opinion.
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      Villain folded 75% on cbet on turn in 8 occassions. Less then 35% fold on cbet on the flop.

how many of those folds took place in a 3bet pot ?

PREFLOP:
      just pass that thrash :)

FLOP:
      if you wanna bluff this board - go for the Check/Raise

TURN:
      Give up here
      It's a 3bet pot - this is important. If he did not get scared on that dry J high FLOP - he is definitely not gonna get scared of an 8:heart: on the Turn

Because of the fact if i represent an AJ or JJ+

I'm afraid you are mistaken.
      First of all - in a blindwar situation (BU vs BB in this case) - it's very hard to represent anything - people just won't believe you in those spots because your defending (3beting) range vs BU raise is always going to be VERY WIDE by default (69o is a good example)

especially when you are Cbetting very dry J high flop - would you have really done it with AJ or JJ? nope :) that's why your CB looks extremely suspicious and is mostly representing bluffs :)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Fold this trash. This is an extremely weak hand with very little potential to improve. IF you want to 3-bet this, you need reads that villain is folding really often to 3bets

Flop: I would just bet once and give up.

Turn: The board has not changed in any significant way, you don't have much equity to improve. Looks like an easy give up to me.

I guess you do have reads on him folding a lot on the Turn which makes the Turn bet more acceptable but I still think PF is a little too loose.

Thanks