[NL2-NL10] Nl5 SH - Double barrel

• mitjaj
      mitjaj
      Basic
      Is Double barreling here OK? Villain folded 75% on cbet on turn in 8 occassions. Less then 35% fold on cbet on the flop.

MP: $5.36 (134 bb)
      CO: $4.27 (106.7 bb)
      BTN: $5 (125 bb)
      SB: $6.12 (153 bb)
      Hero (BB): $8.05 (201.3 bb)
      UTG: $5 (125 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:spade: 9:club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.12, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN calls $0.28

Flop: ($0.82) 3:heart: J:club: 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.57, BTN calls $0.57

Turn: ($1.96) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.98, BTN raises to $2.24, Hero folds

Results: $3.92 pot ($0.26 rake)
      Final Board: 3:heart: J:club: 4:diamond: 8:heart:
      BTN mucked and won $3.66 ($1.71 net)
      Hero mucked 6:spade: 9:club: and lost (-$1.95 net)
  • 4 replies
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      On that board, after a re-raise pre-flop, what did you think he was calling you with on the flop?

That is his range.....what percentage of that would fold on that turn?
    • mitjaj
      mitjaj
      Basic
      Because of the fact if i represent an AJ or JJ+ i can get folds with AK, AQ, PP which doesnt make him a set which is majority of his range in my opinion.
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Bronze
      Villain folded 75% on cbet on turn in 8 occassions. Less then 35% fold on cbet on the flop.

how many of those folds took place in a 3bet pot ?

PREFLOP:
      just pass that thrash :)

FLOP:
      if you wanna bluff this board - go for the Check/Raise

TURN:
      Give up here
      It's a 3bet pot - this is important. If he did not get scared on that dry J high FLOP - he is definitely not gonna get scared of an 8:heart: on the Turn

Because of the fact if i represent an AJ or JJ+

I'm afraid you are mistaken.
      First of all - in a blindwar situation (BU vs BB in this case) - it's very hard to represent anything - people just won't believe you in those spots because your defending (3beting) range vs BU raise is always going to be VERY WIDE by default (69o is a good example)

especially when you are Cbetting very dry J high flop - would you have really done it with AJ or JJ? nope :) that's why your CB looks extremely suspicious and is mostly representing bluffs :)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Fold this trash. This is an extremely weak hand with very little potential to improve. IF you want to 3-bet this, you need reads that villain is folding really often to 3bets

Flop: I would just bet once and give up.

Turn: The board has not changed in any significant way, you don't have much equity to improve. Looks like an easy give up to me.

I guess you do have reads on him folding a lot on the Turn which makes the Turn bet more acceptable but I still think PF is a little too loose.

Thanks