UTG ($4.09)
      UTG+1 ($3)
      UTG+2 ($2.43)
      MP1 ($4.94)
      MP2 ($5.02) 15/12 1.4AF 56%cbet
      CO ($9.75)
      Hero ($8.81)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.15, fold, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.37) J:heart: A:heart: T:heart:

MP2 bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, MP2 calls $0.40

TURN ($1.57) J:heart: A:heart: T:heart: A:club:

MP2 checks, Hero bets $1, MP2 calls $1

RIVER ($3.57) J:heart: A:heart: T:heart: A:club: Q:diamond:

MP2 bets $3.27 (AI), Hero... ?
  • 7 replies
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Bronze
      FLOP:
      bet more, something like $ 0.80 or more - you dont wanna give him good odds to call with a Flush Draw

TURN:
      good :)

RIVER:
      he? what do you mean? :P shove man! happy days!! - after what happened on previous streets, villain by betting the River gives away strenght. he will often have weaker full house and will pay you off - merry christmas time :f_thumbsup:
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: Raising is overplay here. There's a possible straight and flush. Unless villain is very bad, I don't think you should be raising here. What do you do if villain 3-bets the flop? I would be extremely unhappy if that happens.

As played, the rest of the hand is fine. River is a fist pump call as you beat flushes as well as KX straights.

Thanks.
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Bronze
      oh yeah, I did not notice villain shoved AI himself :f_ugly:
      call call call all day long and if once every 1 million years he shows you K :heart: Q :heart: - you are still laughing cuz you made profit in this spot anyway even if you loose once or twice in your whole carrer haha :f_biggrin:

What do you do if villain 3-bets the flop? I would be extremely unhappy if that happens.

hm. If you take into consideration the chances for your opponent to FLOP a flush or have KQ for a FLOPPED straight - I would have been pretty happy to stack off here tbh :f_biggrin:
      the chances for that are pretty slim.

in the long run, probably ~ 7 out of 10 times our Top Two Pair will be the best hand (or even more)
      plus we have outs against his very rarely flopped straight and flushes anyway.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      even if something doesn't occur too frequently, do you think villain is 3-betting a range of hands that AJ beats on average? I don't really think so.

I think it's overplay for sure vs a solid opponent.
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Bronze
      I'm a bit confused here.
      When did the villain 3bet us in this hand?
      He just raised preflop ,did a flop CBet and JUST called our flop raise.
      I can see a lot of flush draws , straight draws and Ax all over his range
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      he does not 3-bet, but it's a situation which we have to consider. And you did say you would jam vs a 3-bet.

In many situations when you are considering whether to value raise a hand or not in a particular situation, you need to decide how you are going to react vs a re-raise. And if the answer is "not sure" or "fold", then often you should avoid raising in the first place UNLESS you are sure that

1. You will get called by a TON of worse hands
      2. You are CRUSHED by villain's re-raising range

Example: Fishy player opens with a wide range, we 3-bet JJ/AQ for thin value and he 4-bets. In most of these situations, fishes usually call with a wide range but they usually 4-bet only strong ranges. Thus we have an easy 3bet/fold with JJ and AQ

Vs most regulars with well-balanced ranges, I don't like raising something for value and then folding to a re-raise. You might as well not have raised in the first place.

And as mentioned previously, I don't like the idea of raising top two on a 3-straight 3-flush board.
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Bronze
      thanks for your reply.
      I totally agree with what you said about planning and 3bet/folding / bet folding etc.
      The only difference with my opinion is that I don't mind to stack off TPtk+ on a flop with possible made flush or straight in a HU pot heh :f_biggrin:
      I always think how rarely my opponents will actually already have it. often they will stack off with draws, so i guess is it's a high variance play but still profitable...