This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ set on turn shove vs two fish

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($8.92) 89bb
      BTN ($11.40) 114bb
      cozacu (SB) ($10.27) 103bb
      BB ($19.69) 197bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) cozacu is SB J:heart: J:diamond:
      CO raises to $0.20, BTN raises to $0.60, cozacu calls $0.55, 1 fold, CO calls $0.40

Flop: 2:heart: 10:heart: 8:heart: ($1.65, 3 players)
      cozacu checks, CO checks, BTN bets $1, cozacu calls $1, CO calls $1

Turn: J:spade: ($4.65, 3 players)
      cozacu goes all-in $8.67, CO goes all-in $7.32, BTN calls $8.67

River: Q:spade: ($29.31, 3 players, 2 all-in)

Bu 39/31 15,0 3bet cbet 100 wtsd 43 87hands
      Co 29/17 af 2,5 cbet 47 ftcbet 51 wtsd 27 FT3bet 58% 2.2k hands

Flop= I`m not a great fan of calling, the J high flush won't be good probably, but on flop I think I`m often enough ahead with JJ.

Turn= overbet shove, not the best decision I could have made, checking would risk checks behind, betting small would kinda ask for a shove anyway... only hands that beat us are Q9,97 and a floped flush and I would expect villains to call here with overpairs + FD, worst sets that miss played the flop, two pairs, pair+ draw hands and even some rubbish AJ or KJ.

Was this brutally overplayed?
      How would have you played it?

PF= call is fine both CO and Bu are fish
  • 2 replies
    • Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Hi cozacu

PREFLOP
      I would 4bet ($2)/call this preflop. BU has been 3betting a lot plus his sizing is very small and JJ is good enough vs his range. JJ is not the best hand to have in a multiway pot.

FLOP
      Not the best flop but I would always lead here for $1.2-1.4. There are many scary cards that could come and by betting you get value from worse. If you are raised it sucks, but it would be a fold because you are only slightly ahead in a best case scenario vs A.

TURN
      I don't like overbet shove and I think it's an overplay. A $4 bet would suffice and it would allow FDs and worse hands to call. I agree that you are committed vs a shove so it would a bet/call. If you shove yourself, some weaker hands my find a reason to fold.

CONCLUSION
      #1 4bet preflop - main problem.
      #2 Lead flop - you'll get more value in a long-term and you can get away from your hand more easily.
      #3 Bet a normal amount to allow weaker hands to call.

Cheers,
      David
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Preflop is marginal but ok, especially when BU's range is so wide and it's only 6BB

Flop: Check/calling once is fine

Turn: I don't like the overbet jam here - You are looking super strong here. I prefer taking a check/raise all-in line. I do think that they should often be betting here themselves, when it's checked to them.