4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($8.92) 89bb
      BTN ($11.40) 114bb
      cozacu (SB) ($10.27) 103bb
      BB ($19.69) 197bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) cozacu is SB J:heart: J:diamond:
      CO raises to $0.20, BTN raises to $0.60, cozacu calls $0.55, 1 fold, CO calls $0.40

Flop: 2:heart: 10:heart: 8:heart: ($1.65, 3 players)
      cozacu checks, CO checks, BTN bets $1, cozacu calls $1, CO calls $1

Turn: J:spade: ($4.65, 3 players)
      cozacu goes all-in $8.67, CO goes all-in $7.32, BTN calls $8.67

River: Q:spade: ($29.31, 3 players, 2 all-in)

Bu 39/31 15,0 3bet cbet 100 wtsd 43 87hands
      Co 29/17 af 2,5 cbet 47 ftcbet 51 wtsd 27 FT3bet 58% 2.2k hands

Flop= I`m not a great fan of calling, the J high flush won't be good probably, but on flop I think I`m often enough ahead with JJ.

Turn= overbet shove, not the best decision I could have made, checking would risk checks behind, betting small would kinda ask for a shove anyway... only hands that beat us are Q9,97 and a floped flush and I would expect villains to call here with overpairs + FD, worst sets that miss played the flop, two pairs, pair+ draw hands and even some rubbish AJ or KJ.

Was this brutally overplayed?
      How would have you played it?

PF= call is fine both CO and Bu are fish
  • 2 replies
    • Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Hi cozacu

PREFLOP
      I would 4bet ($2)/call this preflop. BU has been 3betting a lot plus his sizing is very small and JJ is good enough vs his range. JJ is not the best hand to have in a multiway pot.

FLOP
      Not the best flop but I would always lead here for $1.2-1.4. There are many scary cards that could come and by betting you get value from worse. If you are raised it sucks, but it would be a fold because you are only slightly ahead in a best case scenario vs A.

TURN
      I don't like overbet shove and I think it's an overplay. A $4 bet would suffice and it would allow FDs and worse hands to call. I agree that you are committed vs a shove so it would a bet/call. If you shove yourself, some weaker hands my find a reason to fold.

CONCLUSION
      #1 4bet preflop - main problem.
      #2 Lead flop - you'll get more value in a long-term and you can get away from your hand more easily.
      #3 Bet a normal amount to allow weaker hands to call.

Cheers,
      David
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Preflop is marginal but ok, especially when BU's range is so wide and it's only 6BB

Flop: Check/calling once is fine

Turn: I don't like the overbet jam here - You are looking super strong here. I prefer taking a check/raise all-in line. I do think that they should often be betting here themselves, when it's checked to them.