This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA 130BB deep 3bet pot

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10.80) 108bb
      CO ($14.02) 140bb
      BTN ($10.04) 100bb
      SB ($2.18) 22bb
      cozacu (BB) ($13.06) 131bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) cozacu is BB A:heart: A:spade:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, cozacu raises to $1, CO calls $0.70

Flop: 8:diamond: 6:spade: 2:diamond: ($1.75, 2 players)
      cozacu bets $1, CO calls $1

Turn: 10:spade: ($3.75, 2 players)
      cozacu bets $2.80, CO calls $2.80

River: K:spade: ($9.35, 2 players)
      cozacu checks, CO goes all-in $9.22, cozacu folds

Final Pot: $18.57

CO wins $18.39 (net +$4.67)

cozacu lost $4.80

Villain reg 24/19 af 2.8 cbet 65 ftcbet 60 wtsd 29 COPFR 23, FT3bet 47% 8.5k hands
      Notes= just calls AA PF, re`raise on flop huge w pair+FD 47s/calls shove on K48dd.

PF= std for value.

Flop = value+protection

Turn = Value+ protection

River= ? not much completes but the back door FD. anyway I`m reluctant to call... how often is he bluff shoving here? sure as hell he ain't representing much, any monster like QQ,KK,sets I would expect to get it in on turn, the only hand that really makes sens is KT and the only hand that I beat and makes sens is AK.

Is this an easy call, and I chickend out? or he is very rarely bluffing here and he`s got the Backdoor flush most of the time?
  • 8 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

I think your dilemma should be whether to shove the River yourself or check/call. When you check such a strong hand here it's a fist-pump snap call.

Flush draws missed, you have A blocker, how often is he going to have the backdoor flush? Not too likely.

I would probably shove here myself for value.
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      If you say that youre deep, why dont you see 88, TT (most likely) in his range?
      How often do you call 3bets w KT?

Shouldnt our 3bet be slightly larger given stack sizes and position?
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      88,TT are part of his 3bet calling range but he`s most likely raising those on turn on such a drawy board.

Indeed the 3bet could have been slightly larger but that would probably indicate a stronger hand (we don't want that), I like to make my 3bets more or less a standard size... if we 3bet larger here with KK, we have to do it with all our 3bet bluffs too, I don't want to incrase the size of my 3bet bluff raises.

About the KT, I might 3bet it often vs specific villains... I have a high fold to 3b% OOP so he can easly 3bet KT as bluff and if he gets called he`s got position. So I think KTs especially is part of his range.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Originally posted by gAsheks
      If you say that youre deep, why dont you see 88, TT (most likely) in his range?
      How often do you call 3bets w KT?

Shouldnt our 3bet be slightly larger given stack sizes and position?
      he definitely could have 88/TT but I think those hands usually raise on the Flop or Turn when the board is so wet. I think KT is a really small part of villain's range unless he has K:dT.

About 3-bets having to be larger, that may not necessarily be good especially if you are still using a very wide bluffing range.
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      I think i wouldnt care about KT. A :diamond: K :diamond: makes a bit more sense?

I dont see me not betting this river. Do we have an other options except shoving? What about 1/2 pot size bet?
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      mbml could you please point out for me the hands that are in his range when he calls 3b PF, call flop ,call turn (quite large bets) and shoves river?

Don't get me wrong, I think you`re right I just want to get a good understanding of his range and what he thought trough the hand.

On river, we`re not beating anything from his value range, so all we beat is pure air hands, missed diamond draws, some QJ, 9J? I`m not sure he`s calling with those hands(JQ,9J) on turn although he improved eq wise, is he even calling flop with that?
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      You got nice sample, what about his 4bet? 3bet calls by position?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Originally posted by cozacu
      mbml could you please point out for me the hands that are in his range when he calls 3b PF, call flop ,call turn (quite large bets) and shoves river?

Don't get me wrong, I think you`re right I just want to get a good understanding of his range and what he thought trough the hand.

On river, we`re not beating anything from his value range, so all we beat is pure air hands, missed diamond draws, some QJ, 9J? I`m not sure he`s calling with those hands(JQ,9J) on turn although he improved eq wise, is he even calling flop with that?
      we beat busted draws, and sometimes he value bets his worse K:dX type of hands. I just think that AA is way too strong to fold.

79s did get there, but there are still a bunch of other straight and flush draws. And I think he should definitely have way more diamonds than spades, especially when you have A yourself.