This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 77 Nl5 Sh

• mitjaj
      mitjaj
      Basic
      MP: $4.15 (103.8 bb)
      CO: $0.90 (22.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $5.63 (140.8 bb)
      SB: $4.02 (100.5 bb)
      BB: $2.95 (73.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 7:spade: 7:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, SB folds, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.34) 3:club: 5:diamond: 4:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.23, BB calls $0.23

Turn: ($0.80) T:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $0.80, Hero folds

Results: $1.60 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: 3:club: 5:diamond: 4:diamond: T:heart:
      Hero mucked 7:spade: 7:club: and lost (-$0.79 net)
      BB mucked and won $1.50 ($0.71 net)
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

preflop: how wide are you opening from the BU? How many % of hands? I think a 4BB open is a little too large. Probably making it around 2.5-3BB (3bb is more appropriate in lower limit games where the games are more passive).

With weaker and wider ranges, you should use smaller raise or bet sizes as a general rule of thumb.

Flop: Looks fine - Value betting against AX and also betting for protection

Turn: I think you can bet here again for thin value. Since value is thin, half pot is good. Vs the raise I think you are crushed so easy bet/fold here.

Thanks.
    • mitjaj
      mitjaj
      Basic
      my VPIP on BU is around 50% and I somehow change opening from 3BB to 4BB + 1BB per limper however from time to time I open with 6BB or 7BB with premiums, especialy when its folded to me on BU.

Betting 1BB more for value, isnt that
      correct, villain will often call with all the crap just to "get" me on a bluff squezzing.

And I watched preflop betting sizes in a Blackrain dragthebar.com videos.
      Let me know
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't mind increasing your raise size in BU with my strong holdings if there is a big fish, or if both players are loose and bad. 77 doesn't really qualify as a strong hand though.

50% is kind of wide, so as long as your standard raise size is between 2-3bb i think that's fine. 4bb is too large for my liking in general, so that should only be some sort of adjustment to bad players in the hand.

Thanks.