[NL2-NL10] nl 100 resteal hands

• jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      What ive noticed quite quickly on nl 100 is that players steal and re-steal alot looser in late position compared to the nl20 im used to. Posted a few hands that seem like good adjustments to this limit to me, please post would like to see what you think.

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , T:diamond:
      6 folds, CO raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $20.00 (All-In), 3 folds.

Final Pot: $25.00

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:spade: , 9:club:
      6 folds, CO calls $1.00, Hero raises to $5.00, 2 folds, CO raises to $19.17 (All-In), Hero calls $14.17.

Flop: ($39.84) Q:heart: , K:spade: , 5:diamond:
      Turn: ($39.84) T:club:
      River: ($39.84) K:club:

Final Pot: $39.84

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and nines (9s 9c)
      CO shows two pairs, kings and deuces (2d 2s)

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and nines (9s 9c)
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No stats, no steals in my opinion.

Stats are mandatory on NL100.
      Most steals are with KJ and stuff so if they have deuces, they are still a 53/47 favourite.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      trust me on this one, you dont need stats on nl 100 they help, but as long as your paying attention to the game making notes etc. you can beat this limit without them.

On the second hand i gave him a hand range of 22-77 qq-aa and at-a2s and at-a8o. Definatly giving me enough equity.

Not sure what you mean about the pocket dueces to be honest.
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Hi jmackenzie,

How do you put him on a range if you don't have stats? If you have the stats with a decent sample size then it is so much easier to put him on a range without having to make detailed notes. I'm not playing on that limit but I'm sure that stats should be of great help.

Good luck
      Termi8r
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      You have to realise that stats are only used as indications they shouldnt be used as gospel truth. I dont like using them as you can get the wrong idea about players by looking at the stats. For example within the space of a month a player could go from playing nl20 sss to nl20 bss giving him a completly different range of hands making your stats more of a hinderance than anything.

With the hand-range i put him on its pretty much the average joes limp/raising hands, just like looking at min-raises, they can sometimes be monsters but most of the time marginal hands.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi jmackenzie,

first of all I recommend stats on nl100 and above you loose a lot of value without. Then to the Hands.

Hand1: should be standard nearly no one is so tight that you can fold your TT here well played.

Hand2: you just need something like 35% equity no way to fold 99 here he can easily limpraise pockets as in this spot.

Ysessa