This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 T9s

• DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $52.83 (105.7 bb)
      Hero (MP): $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $80.43 (160.9 bb)
      BTN: $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $53.98 (108 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T 9
      Hero raises to $1.50, CO raises to $4.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($9.75) 8 3 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.50, Hero raises to $11, CO calls $6.50

Turn: ($31.75) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($31.75) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $14, Hero folds

CO: http://pbrd.co/13qObVO

He 3bet me all the time, so wanted to defend, but this hand isn't so good for 4bet bluffing, but can flop equity often. I'd call here with 1-2 AA, and KK combos aswell. So, on the flop, I can't check/call, but this hand is quite good for bluffraising, if he folds his Ax, Kx bluffs, im good I think, if he calls, I shove on every diamond, J, and 7 turn as semibluff, and A/K as bluff, is that okay?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Hmm this defense is extremely marginal. And his 3-bet size is a normal 3-bet. Calling can't be too bad but this guy barrels a lot and you are in quite a bit of trouble postflop

Flop: This is the type of flop where you would want to raise as a bluff, but at the same time you cannot rep anything. Would he just blindly fold his AK/AQ/random crap that he Cbets on the Flop with? If yes, then the raise is good and you can jam all the great Turn cards like diamonds and J/7.

While I would typically float this in position with 2 overs and a backdoor, note that this villain is probably barreling any J-A which is around 1/3 of Turn cards. If you check and turn goes check check, he still has another 33% chance of hitting it on the River.

So chances of villain getting one of those high cards on a later street = 2/3 X 2/3 = 4/9 = 44%. That's pretty high.

This is one of the reasons why I wouldn't want to defend this hand OOP in the first place. We get one of the nicest boards to play back on, but we cannot rep anything, and everything is just so unfavourable for you. At least with QJs/JTs, you only need to face 2-3 overcards