This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom JJ trips max value

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($26.91)
      BB ($59.80)
      Hero ($38.36)
      UTG+1 ($27.59)
      CO ($26.63)
      BTN ($38.06)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: J:spade:

Hero raises to $0.75, UTG+1 calls $0.75, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.85) J:diamond: 5:club: 2:spade:

Hero bets $1, UTG+1 calls $1

TURN ($3.85) J:diamond: 5:club: 2:spade: 9:diamond:

Hero bets $2.80, UTG+1 raises to $6, Hero raises to $36.61 (AI), UTG+1 folds

Hero shows J:heart: J:spade:

Hero wins $15.14

50/0 2h

Did not think they raise that often vs unknowns on turn light, so shoved hoping he has weaker set, 2 pair. WIth FD he has to fold, unless he is fish.

If I just call here - on river I would need to donkbet to not miss value but thats looks strong. ANd also if he has bluff on turn, then my donk river does not get value. If he has medium hand like TP, then he is probablyh not raising turn. So either call turn, c/c river - or shove turn. But passive line might be weak and miss value.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

1. I don't think you should be cbetting here with top set. It's really hard for villain to have a hand, and if he's strong you stack him anyway.

2. I would call here. Re-raising only makes sense if the board is really wet. But you are not really afraid of any river card so calling is fine, and he mostly reps sets anyway. I don't think he has too many draws if he is passive.

I guess if you thought he was passive, then stacking off here makes more sense. But you lack that read.

Thanks.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      . I don't think you should be cbetting here with top set. It's really hard for villain to have a hand, and if he's strong you stack him anyway.

I was considering checking but thinked - they can flat AA-22 here. So I want 3 streets of value from 99-TT, QQ+. If I dont bet he might check those and I can only get 2 streets.

If the board does not bring hihg cards, then 99 can call 3 streets of small bets I guess. If he has set he will raise so thats not problem in betting small.

What do you think about this reasoning?

And if I call turn - do you aggree that I have to c/c river insted of betting?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Thats overly opimistic. And the point of the check is that when u have 2 Js yourself, u reduce the number of top pair hands he could have by 50%. Top pairs are the primary category of hands which can call 3 streets.

I rly doubt 99 calls u thrice here, and hands which would call thrice would often bet when hecked to anyway and u can cc F cr T.

Thanks