Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($11.58) 116bb
      BTN ($19.93) 199bb
      cozacu (SB) ($10) 100bb
      BB ($4.19) 42bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) cozacu is SB Q:spade: A:heart:
      1 fold, BTN raises to $0.30, cozacu raises to $1, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.70

Flop: 10:spade: 7:heart: J:heart: ($1.80, 2 players)
      cozacu bets $1, BTN calls $1

Turn: 4:spade: ($3.80, 2 players)
      cozacu checks, BTN bets $0.70, cozacu calls $0.70

River: A:spade: ($5.20, 2 players)
      cozacu checks, BTN bets $2.75, cozacu folds

Final Pot: $7.95

BTN wins $7.98 (net +$2.83)

cozacu lost $2.70

PF= 3bet PF for value

Flop= I don't want to go into check/call mode, I would never check a J or JJ+ here unless I know he`s aggro and he`s betting vs a missed cbet a fair % of the time and then I`ll go for the check/raise. Also checking would pretty much turn my hand face up.

Turn = I don't see a second barrel being any good here, I think everything that called flop (ex 77+,AK +fd ,Jx will call turn as well) will call turn, he`s never folding better and it's almost never calling worst... because he bet so small I decided to call and reevaluate river.

River= Now wtf to do, I think calling is slightly better than folding, now that I review the hand I don't think he`s betting that small with AJ on turn so a call on riv is in order... him having less often AJ, and sets and two pair would most likely raise at some point in the hand or bet larger on turn.

What do you think about the way the hand was played?

Question: I find my self way too often fireing flop and X/fold turn in 3bet and sq pots... I know this is very exploitable if villain notices this but what should I do with hand like AK,AQ and KQ with witch I`m missing a lot of boards. PLay more x/fold flop or second barrel Ak on J high? Thank you for the advice. :f_grin:
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think on this board we should probably just give up. It hits his range pretty well and even if we hit A/Q we don't often have the best hand.

As played, I think calling is goodish against this small bet but I'd be very cautious on the river.

I think folding river is good. I don't see worse hands value betting here.

To the side question: I think on these stakes there aren't much people to exploit this leak, but there is nothing bad in trying to improve it - so trying to fight for less pots and be more aggressive with the ones we fight for (e.g. bet more turn/river cards) will be fine.

Best,
      Plamen