This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom K8 bluffcatch

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($32.25)
      BB ($43.59)
      UTG ($12.75)
      UTG+1 ($25)
      CO ($34.04)
      Hero ($26.40)

Dealt to Hero 8:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, BB calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.10) 5:spade: 6:diamond: 2:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.10) 5:spade: 6:diamond: 2:club: 8:club:

BB bets $0.86, Hero calls $0.86

RIVER ($2.82) 5:spade: 6:diamond: 2:club: 8:club: J:spade:

BB bets $1.82, Hero calls $1.82

Hero shows 8:diamond: K:spade:
      (Pre 27%, Flop 16.8%, Turn 11.4%)

BB shows T:club: T:diamond:
      (Pre 73%, Flop 83.2%, Turn 88.6%)

BB wins $6.17

12/10, afq total 56, 42h

note:
      bvb - cbet K75fd w A2 OOP BD nut FD, cbh T 6 - SLOWS DOWN W A HIGH ON TURN AND RIVER

I guess on this river I should fold. Esp this opoenent looks tight. And vs unknown - would unknowns bluff this river enough?
  • 8 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey speed why no cbet on the flop? i expect some average range here to be something like this: TT-22, AJs-A7s, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 98s, 87s, AJo-A9o, KJo+, QJo which misses a lot, depending on how this guy plays OOP. if he can fold A high here then i think we can definitely cbet and take the pot down a ton, but even if he floats OOP we can still barrel him off so i think he folds enough to justify a cbet.

on this river i don't really know what i'd do so i guess i'll have to wait for a judge. personally i would probably call it in game with the reasoning that if he was bluffing on the turn then he can continue these on the J which is a semi-scarecard... but on the other hand it's hard to say that an unknown will actually use scarecards to bluff on.

since he is unknown i think there are some arguments to folding this...
      - people dont seem to follow through with their bluffs too often
      - people tend to use scarecards a little less than they should
      - when you call his bet on the turn you look like you have SDV, yet he still bets the river and it isn't exactly huge -- looks sort of like a value bet to me.

i think it does look like a decent spot to fold...
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      why no cbet on the flop? i expect some average range here to be something like this: TT-22, AJs-A7s, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 98s, 87s, AJo-A9o, KJo+, QJo which misses a lot, depending on how this guy plays OOP. if he can fold A high here then i think we can definitely cbet and take the pot down a ton, but even if he floats OOP we can still barrel him off so i think he folds enough to justify a cbet.

becasue so far he looks on tighter side, which means he has good overcards and PPs which I doubd that fold very ofen on such flop. I mean I really dont expect A high to fold to a 2/3 bet (in these positions)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Flop: I agree with your check here - He has Ace highs and pocket pairs really often due to the strength of his PF range and thus I think it's good to give up here. Maybe his range is wider here though, because of the min-raise preflop.

Turn: as played, easy snap call down.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze

you meant both turn and river call?
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      but if we cbet 2/3 pot it only needs to work ~40% of the time and i think he can easily be folding more than this when he has just K high or even Q high. not only that but if he does call with his PPs or A high then the board is very likely to bring overs which we can continue on which is pretty great. its just 42 hands so although there is a tendency leaning towards a tight range should we not still treat him as relatively unknown? and also there's the minraise too..
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      cbet probably is not terrible with intention of barreling. BUt if he calls A highs and board brings over cards, those can hit his range than too.

But if I have more equity, like backdoor FD then I more likely cbet. But one thing I dont like is that he is so tight and less chance that 28/25 guy would run so bad and have such stats. But I am not claiming that those are real stats of course. I just dont want to risk when I am not really sure if he is loose enough preflop.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

you meant both turn and river call?
      yes
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      @drdunne: I suggest you try mapping out villain's range and checking out your FE. 12/10 is insanely tight though, so I'm only putting him on broadways and PP here.