This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl20 sh Q6s

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Holdem

Stacks:
      UTG ($44.16) 221bb
      UTG+1 ($57.22) 286bb
      CO ($45.70) 229bb
      Hero (BTN) ($27.71) 139bb
      SB ($20) 100bb
      BB ($10.25) 51bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 6 players) Hero is BTN 6:heart: Q:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.43, 1 fold, BB calls $0.23

Flop: 3:spade: 3:club: 9:diamond: ($0.96, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.57, BB raises to $1.40, Hero raises to $2.82

pretty funny hand really. bb is a fish with his stack size and so far his stats dont seem very good over a small sample.

on the flop i expect the majority of fishy guys to just fold to the cbet. when he checkraises me i really dont think he has 3x or pocket 99 very often. ive been experimenting with this recently but this only needs to work ~42% of the time to break even and i think he's folding a crap load more than that. if i had SDV i'd snap him down but since i don't i decided to just throw in a really small 3bet.

maybe its spewy against his stack size but since i expect him to have air so often (as opposed to anything that can call down) i think he'll have no choice but to fold.

maybe he wakes up with 9x sometimes tho... what do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

I think it's fine, I make this play myself a lot vs these fishes and I do think they bluff way more than half the time.

They just love attacking paired flops in general, based on my own personal experience.

Nice hand.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      what are your thoughts on raise sizing here? would you just click back or make it a little more? reason why i made it so small is because he either has a hand he will continue with or a hand he folds to any sizing (unless i pick up a read that he isn't so polarised here).

also how would you play if the flop was 993 or JJ5 or something... because he is more likely to hit trips on these than he is to hit trip 3s.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      the higher the card, the less i want to play back against him. but if i think villain is a fish I would reattack these spots pretty often cos they just love bluffing paired flops in general

size: Looks fine to me, don't think you need to make it any larger.