This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl16 - preflop situation

• gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

MP: $16.01 (100.1 bb)
      CO: $8.52 (53.2 bb) VPIP: 53, PFR: 13, 3B: 2, AF: 2,0, Hands: 154
      Hero (BTN): $20.47 (127.9 bb)
      SB: $18.31 (114.4 bb)
      BB: $16 (100 bb)
      UTG: $15.50 (96.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 9
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.48, Hero?

We have 2 reggish guys behind, but they have been quite passive so far. Havent seen a single squeeze before.

Sadly, but i cant call for setmine here although our hand is quite strong anyway. The problem here is that i cant really 3bet for value and go with he hand. I think i will be usually behind or flipping at best.

Second problem is that it will be hard to put fish on range or some more specific holdings. On flop most of the time there will be overcards which will make our life even harder.

How should i react here?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi gAsheks,

Preflop: I think that calling is superior. We don't really call just to set mine as we have position and a decent pair.

You have a big enough sample on a fish that played over half his hands so surely you have more meaningful info (cbet %s, aggression per street, how he reacts to 3-bets, etc).
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Well, we see that he isnt overly aggressive. Also f3bet is quite low, but sample is too small to make assumptions. One good thing that he is folding to cbets quite a bit.

Also his W$SD is quite "okayish" for fish.
      His cbet is quite low. It means he is fit/fold fish and if he checks we should take a stab?

I have note that he minraises flop with nut straight.

Popup:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      He does seem more fit/fold but looking at his fold to cbet and other stats we can probably 3-bet light for value and pick up many pots postflop just with one cbet.

Alternatively just call and take your hand to showdown or try to take pots when he checks.