This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [FR] NL25 AKo 22.07

• UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Full Tilt - $0.25 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $25.35 (VPIP: 32.14, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 28)
      UTG: $20.67 (VPIP: 23.21, PFR: 10.71, 3Bet Preflop: 5.26, Hands: 57)
      Hero (CO): $25.64
      BTN: $17.50 (VPIP: 36.17, PFR: 6.38, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 147)
      SB: $13.16 (VPIP: 21.86, PFR: 19.13, 3Bet Preflop: 8.96, Hands: 187)

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:diamond: K:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.62, fold, fold, BB raises to $1.75, Hero calls $1.13

Flop: ($3.60, 2 players) T:spade: 7:heart: J:spade:
      BB bets $2.25, Hero raises to $6.75, BB raises to $11.25, Hero raises to $23.89 and is all-in, BB calls $12.35 and is all-in

Turn: ($50.80, 2 players) 4:spade:

River: ($50.80, 2 players) 6:diamond:

unknown player probably reg, 4 tables

Preflop: i'm vs unknown reg and he resteals. If I have more info I would 4b/broke but without I decided to just call.

Flop: probably I was a little confused what to do. I decided to raise to force hands like 88, 99, Tx, low PP so probably this raise is an option. When he shoves I would fold but this min3b caused that I thought that I have fold equity so I shove... how to play it correct?

which line would be the best?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi UnknownJoseph,

I think that shoving there is a bit spewy given the opponent (and lack of info) and board.

I doubt we have much FE there and our hand equity is poor, so for me it's a raise/fold.

Raising is not terrible because we put pressure on a good portion of his range, part of which includes better hands or similar (AK).
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      so as you can see plan was good but I didn't know what to do when he 3bets

let's talk about letter action...
      we reraise on the flop and villain calls. What to do on the turn?
      This card is perfect so i would put pressure and shove but what to do on blank turns?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by UnknownJoseph
      so as you can see plan was good but I didn't know what to do when he 3bets

let's talk about letter action...
      we reraise on the flop and villain calls. What to do on the turn?
      This card is perfect so i would put pressure and shove but what to do on blank turns?
      Think about it like this.

When you raise, you need a plan if he calls. If he 3-bets or folds the hand should end right there (I can't see why we would ever do anything versus a 3-bet but fold given the info/board/hand).

So you should plan for the call (which imo will be rare anyway). What's his range when calling? Anything that you can really fold with a PSB?
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      you want to say that when villain calls flop he would call psb on the turn and we don't have any FEq?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by UnknownJoseph
      you want to say that when villain calls flop he would call psb on the turn and we don't have any FEq?
      Yes, I would think that if villain continues (and I rarely expect a call on such a board unless he has an absolute monster) we don't have FE. So he can continue with a 3-bet or call.