Let the grind begin!

• Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Hello, my name is Viktor, I'm 21 years old and was born and raised in Sweden where I still live.
      I enjoy hanging out with friends, skateboarding, poker (duh!) and partying just as much as the next guy.

What are my goals with this blog?
      I've always been a MTT and SNG (mostly hypers) player, and have never really given cashgames a shot.
      I basicly want to start over and do it the right way this time from the start with proper BRM and session-reviews, and I could use some help.
      I feel that starting a blog will get me on the right track to where I'm hopefully heading, and also to keep myself in check and staying positive whenever thing don't go as planned.

How have my poker "career" looked so far?
      I come from a hardcore gamer family (boardgames and cards) containing my parents and 4 big sisters, so I've always been interested in gambling and games. When I was younger I picked up quickly, winning in Monopoly and other various games at the age of 5 without help.
      I was 14 years old when me and some classmates of mine decided to play poker a few times a week for the staggering buy-in of ~3$. The 3$ was just to keep things intersting and serious, which it certainly was.
      When I was 17½ poker caught my eye for real after I had asked my sister if she could make a small deposit for me on FTP after I had heard about people making serious money.
      Three 30$ deposits and a few months later I'm at scratch again, getting access to my savings account (yay?). I lost alot of it, almost all, when I went on an amazing heater. Or atleast amazing for my bankroll and age.
      I dropped out of high school when there was still a few months left of internship (electrical education) to pursue my dream of playing poker for a living.
      Since then it's been alot of ups and downs, never really won big money, except for last year when i got 13 000$ after I came first in "Hot $75". I set aside some of the money, which I together with small poker withdrawals have managed to survive since (still live at home, so no huge expenses). Altough, the savings account is getting kinda low, so I figured I had to do something.

What are my goals in poker?
      I plan on moving up the micro stakes prtty quickly, but there's really no rush. As long as I keep getting in volume and working on my game, I'll get there eventually.
      When I reach a comfortable roll, I will start making a few withdrawals and hire a coach I regularly work on my game with.
      Hopefully I'll be able to make a better living playing poker after that.

I plan on starting with 50$ on Pokerstars (tableninja FTW), playing NL2 with a BI of 2$ and move up to NL5 as soon as I hit 150$. 30 BI might be little, but I'll increase it as I move up.

Here's my lifetime tournament graph for those who are interested: (pokertracker lagging when trying to see lifetime graph, so this will do)

1$ = ~6,50 SEK

I will start tomorrow morning, let the grind begin! :D
  • 11 replies
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      I just finished my first session of 2034 hands during 1.28 hours with a profit of 5,13$ :)
      Didn't get up to as many tables as I wanted because the bankroll wasn't big enough, so sat on around 20 tables.

I know that I'm c-betting alot more than I should, especially in multi-way pots. I'm also not taking donk-bets as serious as i should. But I'm happy with my first session and hopefully I'll learn from my mistakes ;)

Now I have to go buy cigarettes and breakfast, but I'm far from done for the day :)
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      I guess there is variance in cashgames aswell, even at NL2 :f_o:

I have now played a total of 4447 hands today, with a profit of 3,14$, which is 1,77 BB/100. EV @ ~6,50$, so a bit under.
      Let's just hope it turns around eventually ;)

EDIT: 5,88$ profit after 7159 hands
    • xHobox
      xHobox
      Bronze
      Good luck man hope u ship some MTT'S i will be following this thread
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Originally posted by xHobox
      Good luck man hope u ship some MTT'S i will be following this thread
      Thanks! :) Although, I will only be playing CG, so the chance of winning a MTT is nonexistent ;)

Have played 9396 hands today so far, with the result -8,43$. It's pretty tricky, guess I'll watch a video and wait for pleno's coaching in 2 hours :f_frown:
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      wtf you shipped 175k in one tourney? tell us moaaar!
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Originally posted by thazar
      wtf you shipped 175k in one tourney? tell us moaaar!
      I wish! ;)
      Sorry to disappoint you, but it was only 13k$, sharkscope insist on showing the graph in Swedish currency for some reason. It's from when I won Hot $75

EDIT: Played some NL2 omaha zoom, so back at 50,14$ now :)
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Thought I would post todays graphs:

Hold'em:

Omaha:

Omaha so swingy :(

So sitting at 37,04$ atm, I'll continue tomorrow, happy fishing :f_biggrin:
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Barely played anything today, became a few lol games and a movie with some friends instead. Tomorrow I'll hopefully get in ~5k hands, but we'll see how it goes :)

NLH

Played some FLH aswell:

Until then
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Alright, after some more cashgame grinding (which I suck at, hard) without success I decided to go back to hypers until I get a big enough roll to start grinding $2,50's and move up from there.
      I would like to keep playing cashgames, but I kinda need the money right now, so I might go back to it later :)

Here's the total hold'em graph (NL2 and FL20):

And here the omaha graph (PL2):

Before I decided to go back to hypers:

Think I'll get in a few hundred sngs tomorrow aswell, maybe even some tonight before I go to bed :)

Happy fishing!
    • Mbuto
      Mbuto
      Bronze
      Hi, interesting blog, good luck on your journey!

I am in the somewhat same shoes as you as I have taken a fresh start at NL2.

You multitable hard. You have another couple of options available:

1) Play only 4-6 regular tables at once. There is a lot of money to be had from simply identifying the fishes and figuring out how to "outplay" them (like, slowplay or trickplay if they are overly aggressive, or charge them hard if they are calling stations, for instance), and figuring out their ranges.

2) Play Zoom. Playing 1-4 zoom tables, you can adjust the speed. What I sometimes like is to play two zoom tables, and as soon as I am post-flop on one table, I sit out on the other table so I can focus 100% on the hand.

My feeling is that there is a lot of money to be picked up here and there by thinking things through (rather than just play mechanical stuff, for instance). Maybe you will also improve faster this way (and earn faster), despite the lower volume.

I am only telling you this because I sense that with your skills, you should be able to have a much better win rate at NL2.
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Hi Mbuto! Thank you for stopping by :)

I've played 18-24 tables, so I wouldn't really say that I multitable "hard" since I'm able to play 36 tables. The reason I was playing 18 tables is just because of the reason you mentioned, tried to outplay the fishes. Altough, I know what I'm doing wrong, and I doubt that I will be able to fix my leaks in cashgames right now, since it would take some time and I need money at the end of the month.

When I played omaha I actually played zoom. Altough it's a totally different game than normal ring games.

"a lot of money to be picked up here and there by thinking things through"
      I don't see the reason in playing poker if you're not always thinking about all the factors that makes your decision ;)

The thing with me and cashgames is that I honestly think it's stupid. It seems like it's such a closed game (at micros), kinda like FLH (FLH is alot more closed than NLH though). I'm getting bored just thinking about it. Sitting with 100 BB and waiting for hands. I'd much rather do that with tournaments since it's a progressive game, not always "the same". Maybe it's just because I suck at cashgames, or maybe there's something to it.

Anyways, I'll get on with the grind tomorrow :f_biggrin: