This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KQo - Facing a 3-Bet IP

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2265958
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $47.38
      SB: $25.00
      BB: $63.52
      UTG: $4.88
      MP: $78.85
      Hero (CO): $50.47

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Q :diamond: K :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 1 fold, SB raises to $2.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) 4 :club: 9 :heart: 9 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.50, SB calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.25) 2 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $5.75, Hero raises to $44.47 all in, SB folds

F: My range includes lots of decent pairs so I think I can bluff Ax or worse.

T: I'm left scratching my head at what SB has when he x/c then donks turn.

I doubt he is strong since he'd either bet or x/r flop.

Only hand I can think of is AcX and I assume a 3-better to be aggressive enough to c-bet the nut flush draw, I think I can get him to fold AcX.

I have reasonably equity if called so I ship it on a bluff (effectively raising about $16).
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: This would be a standard call for me vs many aggro opponents or if this were in SB vs BU. Being in SB vs CO, many opponents may not be 3-betting aggressively enough (6-7% range?) and you are probably better off using this as a 4bet bluffing hand instead.

PostFlop: Hmm I think stabbing Flop could be reasonable but I'll make the bet smaller so that I can fire 3-streets with enough money left behind to make a sizable river push. The jam seems kind of spewy to me. If he does call the jam with his AK/AQ type of hand, you are crushed here. And I don't think he's bluffing here all that often with such a line (who ever takes a c/c F donk T line?)

Thanks.