This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Sh Kt

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.85)
      BB ($35.40)
      Hero ($29.52)
      CO ($8.45)
      BTN ($25.60)

Dealt to Hero K:club: T:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, BTN calls $0.75, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.85) Q:diamond: 6:heart: J:heart:

Hero bets $1.30, BTN calls $1.30

TURN ($4.45) Q:diamond: 6:heart: J:heart: 4:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.40, Hero raises to $6.90, BTN folds

Hero shows K:club: T:diamond:

Hero wins $8.83

23/15, afq total 39, fcbet 50 (4). 62h

ON flop I believe he calls light - can have many draws and Qx, Jx.

I was thinking I cannot bet this turn, because its a blank, so not scary for him. But maybe it is actually, because - I still rep Qx and better.

Once I checked - I feel its too weak to fold my equity because now he can bet with his draws and pairs. So I c/r.

But c/r does not make much sence I think, because I only rep bluff. With sets and 2 pairs I should barrel turn because there are ton of draws.

If I bet the turn - should I plan to bluff rivers?
  • 2 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey SpeedFANat1c,

I think your line is fine vs someone you suspect to be floating flop wide. I think double barreling is also fine.

I really don't think you should worry that much about what you are representing. It's perfectly legitimate to play a set this way vs an opponent who always bets turned when checked to because probability of giving a free card ends up being very low.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      It's perfectly legitimate to play a set this way vs an opponent who always bets turned when checked to because probability of giving a free card ends up being very low.

I remembered this:
      NL25 SH Zoom 33

and based on this I thinked - he might check back some weak sd value hand like Jx.

BUt for me also he looks like player who will bet often.