This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom A7s

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($30.75)
      BB ($25.62)
      Hero ($25)
      UTG+1 ($25.45)
      CO ($52.70)
      BTN ($23.65)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: A:club:

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.60) J:spade: T:club: J:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, BB calls $0.90

TURN ($3.40) J:spade: T:club: J:heart: 9:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($3.40) J:spade: T:club: J:heart: 9:club: 2:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.20, BB folds

Hero shows 7:club: A:club:

Hero wins $3.25

50/0 3h

On turn I dont bet because UTG vs BB he would not call flop very light so thats why I assume he has Jx or over pair (he can have QQ, KK in those positions zoom). If he decided to call with 99, it not hits also.

Interesing rive -river - probalby he folded overpair putting me on Jx or flush. But if I would have air I would not have bluffed river.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey SPeedFANat1c,

Nothing overly wrong with the hand but doesn't mean this is the only way to play it.

Axs from UTG. Not a mandatory open. Most guys are pretty break-even with these hands from UTG. Doesn't mean you can't open them. Sometimes worth checking in your database to see if these hands are actually generating you any profit.

You make a valid point about BBs cold-calling range potentially being tighter vs UTG open. That may be a legitimate reason just not to c-bet. You could always go for a delayed cbet if opponents checks turn to you also.

Think double-barreling is ok on this turn. Not the greatest card but you may at least fold out any under-pairs or floats. 2/3rd pot bet only needs to work 40% of the time etc + you have ok equity.

Potentially no need to pot river vs 3 checks from villain. Could just bet half pot imo. Definitely would bet though.