This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 64s 3bet pot, turn/river spots - bluffing

• Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 3 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $25.25 (101 bb)
      Hero (SB): $27.28 (109.1 bb)
      BB: $31.16 (124.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6 4
      BTN raises to $0.62, Hero raises to $2.10, BB folds, BTN calls $1.48

Flop: ($4.45) Q T K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN calls $2.50

Turn: ($9.45) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, BTN calls $6

River: ($21.45) K (2 players)

-----

BU was 25/21/5 over 582
      BU Stl - 56
      Ft3b - 75, 4b - 6(16).
      FtCB: F - 53, T - 0(1).
      AG% - 29 (36/22/23).

FLOP
      His 3bet calling range is quite tight and this flop hits him very hard. However, I think he folds hands like ATs, T9, 99-77 to my cbet which is all I need. I'm not sure if my sizing should be bigger ($3) as this flops hits me pretty hard?

Could I also check/raise in this spot? This way I could fold out AQ/JT as well as my line would look very strong.

TURN
      Villain almost snap called the flop. I don't like my 2nd barrel as nothing that called the flop is folding on the turn. My line should be x/c or x/f depending on his bet sizing.

I could call 1/2 PSB and x/ship good rivers. However, the problem is that A/K pairs the board so my flush may not be good and I have high reversed implied odds. Therefore I prefer x/f line on the turn.

RIVER
      Could I bluff shove this river? I think that not as I block some of the hands he could have called twice (76/65/54) that would fold. Also, I don't think the villain ever folds Jx in this spot.

Would I ever bluff shove on this river? Maybe with AQ as I would have blockers to houses.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dawidas888,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I don't really see why we bet the turn there. I doubt much of anything folds after calling you on hte flop. You can bet slightly bigger but I would not ck/raise here as a bluff.

As played I'd give up on the river.