[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL20 Queens

• zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      CO: $31.19
      Hero (BTN): $25.30
      SB: $32.43 - Anonymous table and I had played just a few hands. Villain seemed fishy though not too aggro, at least I din't notice anything too crazy. He once called my BU open minraise, donked into me 2bb on 8s7s7 and folded to a raise. I'm afraid that's all the info I've got.
      BB: $20.00
      UTG: $30.60
      MP: $18.03

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BTN with Q :club: Q :diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $0.60, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.20) 3 :club: 7 :club: 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.60, Hero raises to $5.80, SB calls $4.20

Turn: ($15.80) K :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.80, SB calls $7.80

River: ($31.40) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $16.83, Hero calls $9.70 all in

Did I play this hand fine? Any comments will be much appreciated!

Thanks!
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I like the large 4-bet size vs someone who is not folding much to 4-bets and is playing really loosely.

Flop: Hmm I don't think you need to raise here with QQ - It's not too vulnerable, and I'm definitely calling here with KK and AA. With a hand like TT or JJ I think it's better to raise those, simply because I think that those hands are strong enough to raise for value, yet vulnerable (with more overcards which could fall on the Turn and River)

Turn: Hmm I think betting is still fine, I suppose AK improves now but he shouldn't have too many KX hands in his range.

River: What does he rep here? 77? KQ/AK? A rivered flush? Honestly I don't see him having too many flushes. You also have Q which reduces the likelihood of him having a flush (he cannot have A:dQ, Q:dJ, Q:dT, Q:d9, Q:d8 etc).

River call is probably fine.

Thanks.