FLSH help

• wormboy77
      wormboy77
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I decided to create this thread because recently I started to play FLSH and although I have a small sample size there is something terribly worrying me. I know I'm not playing perfect strategy yet, my VPIP/PFR should be 22/18 instead of 20/15 and my BB defense needs to be 15% higher than now. But even knowing this I can't explain why do I have -$110 in Non-showdown winnings in 3.5k hands. Perhaps you can find some leaks in my stats or if it's not sufficent I can post some losing Non-showdown hands too. Thanks in advance and here are the stats/graphs.

• 4 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi wormboy77 and welcome to our FL section.

Well 3400 hands is not enough to see if you have just bad luck or if it's because you play bad. In my opinion it's a bit of both. You seem to be a beginner at the SH table so you are not used to agressesion which results in too many folds with the best hand.

Your preflopplay seems to be a bit waek as well.
      You might reread follwong arictles:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/793/
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/265/
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/50/

To fix your postflop leaks it's easier if you just start posting some hands in our sample hands section. :)
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wormboy77
      I know I'm not playing perfect strategy yet, my VPIP/PFR should be 22/18 instead of 20/15 and my BB defense needs to be 15% higher than now.
      No 22/18 is not obligatory if you following Silver chart. If tables are looser, your VPIP/PFR will be tighter.

Take look at ORC and raising against one and two limpers. Loose tables will have these 50/10 players that will limp from early position with almost any two to see the flop. In this moment when you have limpers you cant just raise acording ORC. But if you take closer look at these charts raising after limper is like raising in MP3 in ORC, and after 2 limpers raise is similar MP2 position. So it means "you are playing in first 2 positions all time". On another hand if you have mega-nitty tables your wipip/pfr will be much higher.

I have 19.5/17 on this level iPoker network and i cant see more situations for my hands...
    • wormboy77
      wormboy77
      Bronze
      Well I play at FullTilt and mostly at happy hours. My tables avg VPIP is like 50+ full of donks. So I have to modify my ORC as you said because I can hardly ever openraise and I can't play that loose either. My problem is that in this limit almost noone respects isolation, initiative and 3barelling. That's why I don't like isolating from SB because against these kinds of players I HAVE to hit my hand they will never fold if they put 2 SB-s in the pot preflop.
      It's really good to play against these people when I have a hand I always have lot of action but it's really frustrastin that(being a former NL player) I can't take down pots with only agression and initiative. Well I'm doing everything to improve my game and hope it pays off.
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      lol, i feel your pain. :) I started to play NL too and most hated situation was when your raise you get called by random 2 cards in postion, after flop your contibet gets called, if you check in any moment, dude raises you with any 2 so called floating. So if you dont hit it is over :) So i started to play Fl, because there is wonderful tool -- CALLDOWN! :)

But i dont recommend to change anything in ORC, just play tighter and you will be in less marginal situations.