This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJo vs Fish EP 3bet pot

• Theodolus
      Theodolus
      Global
      PokerStars - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $10.34
      MP+1: $18.32
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $4.20
      SB: $10.50
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $8.58
      Hero (UTG+1): $10.15
      UTG+2: $9.98

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J:diamond: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.90, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.85, 3 players) J:club: 2:heart: Q:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($2.85, 3 players) 4:heart:
      UTG bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40, fold

River: ($5.65, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      UTG bets $4.10, Hero ??

So this guy is a 34/16 who opens 23% on EP and has 33% fold to 3bet. I thought this could be a good spot to 3bet him but I'm not sure if it is the best move since there are a lot players left to act.

As played I feel kinda lost on the flop because the CO is a regular fit fold player 14/10 who has 43% fold to 3bet and 71% fold to cbet on 3bet pots. His range can be low PP and at the same time AK AQ AJ maybe KQs. Since he is the fit fold player type I guess checking here is fine to see if he bets or checks back although I don't like giving both players a free turn card.

Calling turn is acceptable I guess, and OTR is this an easy fold? His total agf is 1.89 but he tends to be more aggressive on the river.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Hmm If you were in BU this would definitely be a 3-bet. Here it isn't so great but still ok, I think it's good to 3-bet and isolate the bad player.

Flop: Checking is definitely good - Betting only isolates you vs strong draws and QX imo.

Turn: The fish leads and I would call once.

River: Hm I think folding now is fine, though it's certainly close. Maybe the fish's betting range on the Turn is stronger than usual, given the 3-way action.

Thanks.