$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BB: $8.21 (41.1 bb)
      UTG: $23.60 (118 bb)
      MP: $22.31 (111.5 bb)
      CO: $20 (100 bb)
      BTN: $26.39 (132 bb)
      Hero (SB): $28 (140 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q J
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.40, BB folds, BTN calls $1.00

Flop: ($3) 7 3 A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, BTN calls $1.80

Turn: ($6.60) 3 (2 players)
      Hero???

villain is a complete unknown

on the flop i cbet because it's dry, it's A high and i dont think he should float me too light on this board.

once he calls i think his range is now like Ax, QQ/JJ/TT that i'm not sure are folding and whatever else. so the 3 doesnt really give me any FE even tho it improves my pot equity. what do you think my line should be? can i really make him fold anything on the turn with a barrel?

I think barrelling the turn and shipping the river as played could have been a better idea. His call on the flop is most likely Ax like AK, AQ, AJ, AT and I doubt he’ll fold these. Fullhouses are so unlikely and for him to have a better BDF he would have to have AhKh or AhTh since no other hearts would really call this flop cbet. So I think bet bet bet would have been better.

if i do barrel what happens when i miss on the river?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lewis,

You can't bet the turn and not bet the river as you really don't have much FE.

So really we either bet and bet or ck/raise turn (or just play it passive).
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      what do you think about playing passively on the turn? if you check will you just play for pot odds?

i can't seem to find the hand itself, but i had another decision in this hand. i checked and he checked back (im thinking he has SDV like JJ,TT, 99, 88 maybe even QQ - also some weaker Ax like AJ and AT). river was something like 9:heart: , so i bet ~$4.70 (if i didn't have much FE on the turn then i shouldnt have too much more on this river, so i guess he can call a >half psb)

when i bet the river, he raised to ~$10. i really got confused... what do you think about it? at the time i honestly didnt think much, i just sigh-called.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      what do you think about playing passively on the turn? if you check will you just play for pot odds?

i can't seem to find the hand itself, but i had another decision in this hand. i checked and he checked back (im thinking he has SDV like JJ,TT, 99, 88 maybe even QQ - also some weaker Ax like AJ and AT). river was something like 9:heart: , so i bet ~$4.70 (if i didn't have much FE on the turn then i shouldnt have too much more on this river, so i guess he can call a >half psb)

when i bet the river, he raised to ~$10. i really got confused... what do you think about it? at the time i honestly didnt think much, i just sigh-called.
      This scenario is interesting because it's a 3-bet pot where we are slightly deeper. Can we get him to fold Ax with a 3-barrel (AI)? That's the big question here. And given the board I think he has enough 2nd pair that a second barrel is worth and may fold those weaker hands.

As far as the river Q goes I think that he may also have a flush as played as I can't see what else he can have other than some pair turned into a bluff or a monster slowplayed.