This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 6max. T9o against nit.

• SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Hero was playing 37/32 during this session at this table.
      No reads on the nit, except he's playing 15/14 and 3bets 5% of the time.

I'll explain my thought process during this, if you don't mind. I'd like that to be critiqued too.

UTG ($0.81)
      MP ($1.37)
      CO ($4.42)
      Hero (Button) ($2.20)
      SB ($2.35)
      BB ($2)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10:diamond: , 9:heart:
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.07, 1 fold, BB calls $0.05

I get T9o on the button. It's a pretty standard open, especially since both blinds were tight players. I get a flat call from the BB, who has been running super tight lately. A flat call seems very odd here, as anything he plays has a lot of equity against my Button opening range. I suspect AQo+, AQs+, TT+ to 3bet here, despite him only 3betting 5% of the time.

Flop: ($0.15) J:diamond: , K:spade: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Not really the best flop for me. I don't think there's anything I can get value for. There's also plenty of hands that he could have that I don't have fold equity against. Possibly hands like KQo, although I'd still expect them to be re-raised preflop given my action on this table.

Turn: ($0.15) Q:spade: (2 players)

The turn gives me the second nuts. Honestly couldn't complain about that at this point in time. Except...

BB bets $0.11, Hero raises to $0.42, BB raises to $1.15,

The nit decides to play aggressively on this turn. His range looks rather strong. 55, KQ, KJ? I doubt AK would do this. I'm worried about an AT, but I'm unsure if this is a hand he'd just flat-call with preflop, so I elect to get it in.

Hero raises to $2.13 (All-In), BB calls $0.78 (All-In)

River: ($4.01) 9:club: (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $4.01 | Rake: $0.14

How's the thought process with that?
      Anything you guys would change about my actions throughout this hand?

Stay thirsty.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: im generally opening 3bb or less from bu. 3bb is best at low limit games where everyone is extremely loose and passive.

Flop: not sure why u are talking abt value. U have a gutshot with no showdown value. Just bet amd hope he folds.

Turn: he cpuld def have a ton of worse hands like twopairs or sets. U should not be afraid of AT. Just jam it in.

River: im not sure whats up with the hand history. Arent u the player in position?
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      We were all in prior to the river. Nothing wrong with the hand history, it just looks that way because I interrupted the action to discuss my thought process.

Flop? I'm just unsure if betting is the best play. His range is so tight, and he's either got me crushed or can't call. I just chose to check so I could reevaluate on the river.