[NL2-NL10] nl 100 a2o

• jmackenzie
      Known players:

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , 2:club:
      5 folds, CO calls $1.00, BU folds, SB calls $0.50, Hero checks.

Flop: ($3.00) T:spade: , K:diamond: , A:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, CO calls $1.00.

Turn: ($6.00) 4:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($6.00) J:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $2.00, SB calls $2.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $10.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows a pair of jacks (Jc 9c)
      SB shows a pair of kings (Ks 2h)

SB wins with a pair of kings (Ks 2h)
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      TP No kicker = c/f

Stick to basic SSS.
    • alejandrosh
      ouch, i think i would call , 1:5 odds. although we can't beat anything : lose against any ace, queen or any decent T J or K.

.... waiting for a judge.
    • DaPhunk
      Don't know if this wil help but;

Do you have any reads on the opponents and can you put them on a range?

I would either do the same as you and fold to a bet assuming a better kicker to the Ace or i may try and steal against the limpers PF if i think they're bad enough. Not entirely sure about SB but i would think that CO would steal with any/most Aces pocket pairs, face cards and high suited connectors on average.

On average i would consider trying to steal against this apparently weak limp and complete unless i had a read that they just call with monsters.

edit; just played some hands and a similar situation came up, i would never attempt to raise PF in this situation.

I'm interested to see what the judge says here, whether you could call the riverbet or even take the pot away PF like i was thinking of.
      I'm not calling a donkbet on such a flop with A2. Plenty of aces above beats me easily. Sorry.

edit: for DaPhunk, i must have missted your question. Well, CO openlimping and sb completing range are pretty wide but I can't say how wide exactly. Of course you can attack them here, but you shouldn't do it too often (like with steals). In fact, I think the most important factor here is your table image.
    • alejandrosh
      ah... i didn't see the donk bet on the flop, i tought it was checked till the river.

forget about what i said earlier.